MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought 2010 990 which the seller had put clip ons on. He also put shorter front brake lines. I’ve gone back to OEM handlebars now and the lines are pretty snug. Since I’m new to MV, what aftermarket brake lines would you suggest? Trying to stay budget conscious so I’m good with any solid aftermarket lines.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Hi, I bought 2010 990 which the seller had put clip ons on. He also put shorter front brake lines. I’ve gone back to OEM handlebars now and the lines are pretty snug. Since I’m new to MV, what aftermarket brake lines would you suggest? Trying to stay budget conscious so I’m good with any solid aftermarket lines.

Thanks
Do you want OEM's put back on ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can go OEM, but was hoping to find something in the US so I don’t have to wait and pay $20-$30 for shipping. Aftermarket seems like best bet for me, just as long as I get them proper OEM length. I really know nothing about lines as I’ve never had to replace on any of my previous 6 bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just know that the brake lines from the 1090 might not work on the 990 unless you have the monobloc calipers (different angle on banjo fitting). If you haven't found anything yet, let me have a look around and see if I still have the stock one off my 990. I'll just charge postage.
-Brett

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The part number matches what is on microfiche for the 990 so hoping it will fit fine. I bought 3849 and 1090 shows 3850. Should be here in a week so I’ll know then. There a few mods done to the bike before I got it, but think the besides handlebars and headlight changed, everything else is stock. Thanks for the info and I’ll definitely hit you up for that part of this eBay one doesn’t work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just know that the brake lines from the 1090 might not work on the 990 unless you have the monobloc calipers (different angle on banjo fitting). If you haven't found anything yet, let me have a look around and see if I still have the stock one off my 990. I'll just charge postage.
-Brett
Hey, can you find the one off your 990? Bought the one from that ebay link and it can't be OEM or not for my bike anyway. It is 20-21" longer than it should be. From the split to banjo it is 45". How the heck does that work? I'd have to wrap it around the forks twice. I have no idea what bike that would work on unless you had ape hangers.

Anyway Brett, if you can find yours and it isn't 45" I'll take you up on that offer.

My other option is just get custom made from Galfer, but don't really want to drop $100.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Strange. The part number in the eBay link I provided is what came on your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I know. I compared part numbers too before I bought it. Unless there is some crazy way to route it, I cannot believe it is OEM. Here is a pic of it. I know hard to tell from that, but you can see the length.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey, can you find the one off your 990? Bought the one from that ebay link and it can't be OEM or not for my bike anyway. It is 20-21" longer than it should be. From the split to banjo it is 45". How the heck does that work? I'd have to wrap it around the forks twice. I have no idea what bike that would work on unless you had ape hangers.

Anyway Brett, if you can find yours and it isn't 45" I'll take you up on that offer.

My other option is just get custom made from Galfer, but don't really want to drop $100.
Sent you a pm. Again if I still have it, will just charge postage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So, I think I got my answer why it is so long. It is for ABS system near back of bike to the calipers. My bike doesn’t have ABS (I don’t think it does). eBay listing should have specified that and they gave wrong part number. Number they listed was really what I needed, just wasn't that part that I got. So frustrating, but part of my learning I guess. Never had a bike with ABS so wasn't exactly sure how that worked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts