MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sometimes my tach will freeze up around 2-3k on its revolution at start up or while I'm riding. It doesn't stay stuck at that position, it's more like that 2-3k becomes the new zero and it shows that I'm at higher revs than actual.

I initially thought it was a battery issue as I was also having problems starting, but I replaced the battery and that didn't fix either issue. Ended up being the starter relay causing the starting problem, but I replaced the relay and the starting problem is resolved, but the tach problem remains. It seems to happen more often on hot days, but I haven't verified that idea

Any ideas oh MV gurus? :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Yes, there are ideas and it is not an uncommon problem.

If you remove your dash cover, unplug the harness from the back of your dash, then use a quality contact cleaner on both the dash and its plug, then reassemble using an electrical contact grease, the problem should go away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there are ideas and it is not an uncommon problem.

If you remove your dash cover, unplug the harness from the back of your dash, then use a quality contact cleaner on both the dash and its plug, then reassemble using an electrical contact grease, the problem should go away.
I'll try that and see if it helps. Thank You! :brutale:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts