MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read in AMCN about the new F4 1000 SBK homologation model, putting out 200HP and claiming better than 200mph (320Km/h)
Anyone got any photo's?

There is a full article next month (Dec) will post this when avaliable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What a coincidence, rang my dealer today, the Veltro (greyhound in italian he tells me) limited ed of 23, then found this

MV has come up with their ultra-powerful F4 Veltro, a track-only bike with a claimed
200-plus-mph top speed. Only 23 of the 30,000-pound (52,500-dollar) bikes will be built.
Making a claimed 190 bhp, it weighs in at 170 kg (375 lbs). It is a taste of what we can
expect for the homologation special that will be built to allow them to compete in World
Superbike races in the future. Expect the race-ready machine to cost over 40,000 pounds
(70,000 dollars) and have an engine producing 220 bhp!

So the new one will be out soon (220hp) next year or so. Both track only.
was it you who saw the new Corse? at syd show what did it look like? Thats what i was calling them about, after i graduate i need something to spend my cash on :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, that is an amazing machine! Wonder why the street version is limited to 99, and I thought the deal were the factory had to produce 100 to meet the homologation rules? or is the 100th one the first racing model? who cares...but I would sell the house for one!

Now the Corse that I have my eye on needs a photo to do justice...its actually cheaper to trade my new F4 in on a brand new Corse than to buy all the kit parts and fit to mine, and what the hell do I do with spare fairing, wheels, seat, tail unit etc.., and of course the cost for fitting if you choose an MV technician to fit and set up!

My thinking I will get A$ 31,000 trade on the A$39,990 for the full Corse kitted F4, and I then have no spares to sell or keep?

But I guess at A$40,000, its tempting to think of the last remaining Ago in Australia (#37) I think, could be a little out, but in the 30's. A$52,000,
But if I did get the Ago, would I ride it?

Mmmm...lifes decisions!

·
Registered
56 Posts
agusta01 said:
But if I did get the Ago, would I ride it?

Blasphemy! The bike was designed for 1 thing, and it wasn't so it could sit idly and have others gawk at it. It was designed for riding, and riding fast for that matter. I had my eye on the Ago we had in Perth, but someone else snavelled it (damn his black heart) but it was a little on the pricey side, and i would have liked radial brembos, i would also really like the tss from the tambo and 10 extra hp that comes with it, so the new Corse sounds right on the money for me, i'll have to do the calculations though, i'd like to get those 5 and 8 lb mg rims that are out now so maybe buying a stocker and getting all top end fruit on it is the way to go. Next year though, when i graduate.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well I've come back to do a follow up post and my original ones not here??? I hope I didn't post it in the wrong area.

Firstly I went on to say I saw the new Corse at Bills Motorcycles her in South Australia and I’m not sure I like the colour the red has a pinkish tinge and I was told the price was $55,000. So I rang and Bill filled me in.

There are two different models in the Corse...The Bike at the Sydney show $39,990 is a standard 1+1 with the Corse paint kit and the $55,000 one he has in store is the single seat with marchesini wheels and carbon bits and pieces. He didn't know about the shock but will get back to me on that one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That makes some sense now, i think that yur post is in another area, i replied to it just this morning, thanks for the clarification, a fancy body kit does nothing for me i'd rather they all looked the same and i could just load it up with go fast bits.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thanks I found the Corse thread and will post the info over there.

I don’t mind some of the paint schemes but the extra money they ask for the specials are not worth it. But I agree on the upgrade...makes more sense to spend the extra money upgrading a standard and you would have a better spec'd bike cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts