MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentlemen, as stated above I have a Brutale with a cooling issue.

Every fall I drain the coolant and refill in the spring due to very cold winter temps where I'm at.
This has never been a problem in the past but this year my coolant temperature gauge on the dash is acting very strange.
It will indicate as high as 290 degrees Fahrenheit and it fluctuates by as much as 25 degrees very rapidly.
As soon as I noticed the temp being so high I pulled over and checked coolant level and there was no visual indicators that I was overheating or low on coolant.
I rode the bike home figuring that perhaps I had an air bubble trapped in the system somewhere.
I got it home, drained and filled the system carefully (shaking the bike and periodically starting the engine) and I still have the same problem. I let the bike warm up and the dash indicates 250 degrees at idle with the fans running, so I checked temperatures in various places on the cooling system with an infrared thermometer and nothing is above 200. The water pump housing was indicating 150 degrees.
So this leads me to believe that I have a bad temperature sensor, could I please have some opinions on this, and where exactly do I find this sensor and test it?
Thanks in advance gentlemen.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Mate, have you downloaded the Workshop manuals yet?:stickpoke
The sensor which signals the display on your bike is mounted on the radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Rad temp sensor on my 750s 2005 not on my 1078 2010. Check also that your harness isn't rubbing on the top of the lower triple clamp right side as this carries the wiring to the gauges and can cause weird shit if it is rubbing, mine was rubbing and giving speedo issues, could cause temp readout issues depending on how the harness is sitting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts