MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say, some clown has managed to get DOT 4 brake fluid on my click plastic and it has obviously started to eat into the plastic before I noticed. I now have scuff marks on the plastic speedo dials :(. Do I need a new set of clocks or can I get a new cover only?

Anyone got a set of clocks for sale with approx 10,000 mile for sale then please drop me a line, thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Sorry but it looks to me as if the parts manual implies that you can only order the full instrument panel from MV.

The instrument panel can be disassembled.
Another option may be to source any instrument set (clocks) and place the good cover over your instrument set, thus keeping the mileage accurate.

The part number for the 312R monoposto or biposto dash is 8000A6422

It is the same dash as found on the F4 1000R monoposto or biposto.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
clocks

What can I say, some clown has managed to get DOT 4 brake fluid on my click plastic and it has obviously started to eat into the plastic before I noticed. I now have scuff marks on the plastic speedo dials :(. Do I need a new set of clocks or can I get a new cover only?

Anyone got a set of clocks for sale with approx 10,000 mile for sale then please drop me a line, thanks!

I have a set of clocks with zero miles. ie new. I also have a set of clocks with miles on..about 4000 ..I can have a look tomorrow.

Maybe an opticians would advise on ways to remove marks from plastic ? to see if you can resurrect yours ?
joe

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a polish called novis
There is one for heavy scratches
And then a novis #2 for fine scratches

Maybe give it a try
But it may take a few try's to get it to look better

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
scratched/scuffed plastic?

Clint;
how deep are the scratches/scuffs?

are they on the flat face or edge radius?

depending on the depth i'd probably start with 320 grit wet or dry sandpaper with a relatively hard backing on the flat face.....to keep it that way
and with a softer backing on the radius

for polishing,
with power i use N-555 stainless steel compound:naughty:
by hand Semi-Chrome polish

when i make shotgun stock extensions out of plexiglas, i bandsaw them, grind them with 36 grit, block them with 220 then 320 and then hit the buffer with N-555

on watch crystals i put Semi-Chrome on a note pad and polish it out

remember, go 90* each time you change grit/polish

WARNING; if you use a buffer....use a center stitch wheel unless it's under ~1,000 rpm......or you'll melt the surface

:popcorn:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a set of clocks with zero miles. ie new. I also have a set of clocks with miles on..about 4000 ..I can have a look tomorrow.

Maybe an opticians would advise on ways to remove marks from plastic ? to see if you can resurrect yours ?
joe
Would be interested in the set with 4000 miles on Joe otherwise will try some of the other elbow grease options mentioned above.....thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts