MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
@Munks: I was just helping a friend diagnose a similar issue on his Ducati ST3. His wiring harness was corroded at a certain point. Fixing that fixed his low speed stumble.

Now that you have eliminated fuel as the issue, I am reminded that there is a possibility of a wiring harness problem that exists with some of these bikes and it may be a contributor.

You will have to trace your loom and find the place, I believe on the right side of the bike, where there is a junction of wires. At that point there have been cases of corrosion that have affected the distribution of clean power to the ECU and injectors. There is also a point near the headstock that gets stressed at full lock turns due to poor wire harness routing.

Others may chime in with their recollections....I hope.

·
Administrator
19,136 Posts
Low point in the main loom collects water inside and corrodes multiple ground point crimp connection....I think that's what it was, anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'll have a look at that, I have to pull the tank again to remove the pressure gauge again and put that all back to normal. so I'll have a look around at the loom and the earthing points.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts