MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Ducati releases the 2007 1089 SBK @ $14,995, will the 2008 F4 1000 have to lower its price just to compete?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
yzfrr11 said:
After Ducati releases the 2007 1089 SBK @ $14,995, will the 2008 F4 1000 have to lower its price just to compete?
They never dropped the price to compete with the 999, so I would say no :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
mikef4uk said:
They never dropped the price to compete with the 999, so I would say no :)
But then again........ the 999 prices were (are) a lot higher than the rumoured ones for the new SBK Ducati :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
To cheapen the price, Ducati's going to have to cheapen the bike and that moves Ducati into the Aprilia category: nice bike, but not truly special anymore. Did Ferrari ever drop their prices because Fiat builds cheaper cars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
emmvee said:
To cheapen the price, Ducati's going to have to cheapen the bike and that moves Ducati into the Aprilia category: nice bike, but not truly special anymore. Did Ferrari ever drop their prices because Fiat builds cheaper cars?
Ferrari does not compete with Fiat though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
Since the 999 came out I don't think Ducati competes with MV - do you? I think they compete with Aprilia and even that will get tougher for Ducati since Michael Galuzzi recently signed with Aprilia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
In past interviews, Castiglioni said they would not lower price or dilute the brand. They wanted it to remain a premium motorcycle. Even if Honda acquire's MV, I doubt they would change the price structure. Honda won't buy Ferrari to and price it as a Corvette.

Ducati lowering their price means they really want to play with the Japense. A Japanese 1000 is already $11,500 so $14K for a Ducati is not much more of a jump -which probably means mass production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
emmvee said:
Since the 999 came out I don't think Ducati competes with MV - do you? I think they compete with Aprilia and even that will get tougher for Ducati since Michael Galuzzi recently signed with Aprilia.
For a certain group of people Ducati does KIND OF compete with MV because it's expensive and has the name recognition. But if you lower the price, then MV will be all alone in the exotic sport bike category (unless Bimota pulls through).

I'm sure Ducati will release a $20K or $30K version but by then, they would have diluted their brand to the point were it would be like a Yamaha R1 LE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
yzfrr11 said:
After Ducati releases the 2007 1089 SBK @ $14,995,
???? Where did you get this number from???? :stickpoke
I think it's a wet dream! :blowjob:

There are only rumors at this point and nothing is publicized. The rumors I have heard are about the same price range as the current 999 range. :blah:

This is from our local Ducati dealer:
Ducati has been offered top billing at the Milan show, one of the prerequisites for this is that the newest model or feature bike can only be unveiled at the show, not before. So Ducati is doing their best to keep the wraps on whatever it is that's new
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
???? Where did you get this number from???? :stickpoke
I think it's a wet dream! :blowjob:

There are only rumors at this point and nothing is publicized. The rumors I have heard are about the same price range as the current 999 range. :blah:

This is from our local Ducati dealer:
I thought that price was suppose to be confidential. :freezing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
For a certain group of people Ducati does KIND OF compete with MV because it's expensive and has the name recognition. But if you lower the price, then MV will be all alone in the exotic sport bike category (unless Bimota pulls through).

I'm sure Ducati will release a $20K or $30K version but by then, they would have diluted their brand to the point were it would be like a Yamaha R1 LE.
I don't believe that, 'certain group of people' you mentioned are potential Ducati or MV buyers. And comparing the two based on 'expensive and has the name recognition' only makes their statements or opinions invalid.

Bimota's entry level model in the US is approx. $36,000. I'd say MV has nothing to worry about here.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ducati will have their Desmosedicci as their Elite Exotic model at $60,000 which in my opinion they should eventually semi-mass produce to bring the price down to at least the same price as the 999R. Sportbike riders get pissed when a desirable bike is virtually impossible to aquire and that causes once loyal fans to switch brands so companies like Ducati need to be careful about overdoing the Exclusivity thing. There is a fine line between dangling the carrot in front of ones face and hanging it from a skyscraper.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
That was then, when the MV F4 was relatively new. If MV don't release a new module by 2008 and I don't mean another limited edition, I think they will have too reduce there price or go under, after all the F4 module is now 8 years old, still looks good, but not great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
If they haven't got Massimo Tamburini to call on anymore why would they try and bring out a new model??

How could they improve something that is so good? Small improvements only or get Massimo back to design the next model! Not anyone else - thankyou!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
What a dilemma, do you pay £15,000 for a MV F4 1000R or do you pay £9,950 for a new MV F4 1000S? Before you answer, imagine its your own money. Both bikes are basically the same i.e. to fast for road use, painted a different colour and brakes that are different but know better. Then think about the second hand price when you come to sell it, two years later. What would you advise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
stephen wood said:
What a dilemma, do you pay £15,000 for a MV F4 1000R or do you pay £9,950 for a new MV F4 1000S? Before you answer, imagine its your own money. Both bikes are basically the same i.e. to fast for road use, painted a different colour and brakes that are different but know better. Then think about the second hand price when you come to sell it, two years later. What would you advise?
If you are thinking along the lines of saving money, why not by a Gixxer thou or an R1? :confused: You buy a MV with your soul, if you want one, you will buy it whether it's a bargain at the time or not :blah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
What is this WAL-MART??? Remember folks, you are not buying a Ford or Chevy truck...I really hope MV remains at a premium...keep THAT certain group of buyers away from my beloved brand...
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top