what is riding position compared to my 2006 kawasaki ZX10 ? more
or less clipped over ? any input would be appreciated by any of
you guys who went from japanese bike to mv - what are your thoughts

thanks

steve

·
Registered
762 Posts
The local dealer has both an '06 ZX10 and an MV F41000 parked right beside each other. I sat on both, one right after the other when I visited there a few weeks ago.

No doubt, the F4 is a more aggressive, leaned over, riding position. The ZX10 is much like the rest of the newer superbikes today, where the tank length is short, and thus the reach to the bars is easier, more comfortable. The F4 also has a taller seat height, even at its lowest setting. If you are concerned about this, then you will need some riser bars for the F4 to relieve the riding position, and if you are under 5'10" or 5'11", tall-soled shoes help a lot too :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't only compared to a new gsxr 600 straight after the MV and for me, being about 6'1 the MV felt so much more sculptured for me.
What I mean is every thing just fell into the right place when I sat on it.

But yes, it is a little more ass up and harder seat then the gsxr.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
steved57 said:
i am looking at purchasing a 312 - i have not been able to go
sit on the bike yet as dealership is 120 miles away - does anybody know
what is riding position compared to my 2006 kawasaki ZX10 ? more
or less clipped over ? any input would be appreciated by any of
you guys who went from japanese bike to mv - what are your thoughts

thanks

steve
I never had or rode a ZX10, but the F4 has a more commited riding position (more clipped over, more ass up) than any of the sport jap bikes i ever had (R1's, R6's, CBR's), but i really LOVE that.
The F4 has a very "racy" feeling all over :smoking:
I remember when i had my F4S and the 04 R1 at the same time, and every time i came from the MV to the R1, the R1 always felt like a big tourer :jerkoff:

The F4 just feels like a proper race bike compared to a jap bike, and i love that feeling :yo: :yo:

With that said......... just get the 312 and you won't regret it unless you're an old folk looking realy for a tourer instead of a proper sport bike :)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
MV-999R said:
I never had or rode a ZX10, but the F4 has a more commited riding position (more clipped over, more ass up) than any of the sport jap bikes i ever had (R1's, R6's, CBR's), but i really LOVE that.
The F4 has a very "racy" feeling all over :smoking:
I remember when i had my F4S and the 04 R1 at the same time, and every time i came from the MV to the R1, the R1 always felt like a big tourer :jerkoff:

The F4 just feels like a proper race bike compared to a jap bike, and i love that feeling :yo: :yo:

With that said......... just get the 312 and you won't regret it unless you're an old folk looking realy for a tourer instead of a proper sport bike :)
I agree with this! Although I did not have an r1 while having an f4 I can say sitting on the rest of the bikes seems like its a sport tourer, hell even compared to a friends 03 I think 600RR(this seems like a lazy boy) in comparison. I just really like the committed feel, and it does take a bit to get used to it. but when it does man does it feel good.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i appreciate the input from you guys however by looking
at the spec sheet on the two bikes the F4 shows 31.8"
seat height and the ZX10 shows 32.5" - its not really a
big deal but i am only 5'4" so ive never had a bike i could
touch flatfooted on - i have been riding and racing some
37+ years so its really no problem - i was just curious !
the dealer here is offering $1000.00 of list price of
$24,995.oo usd - so i can buy it for $23,995.00 usd
does anyone here in the states know of any dealers doing
any better than that

thanks

steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey mv-999 - i am an old folk (50 years old) but i still love my sport bikes
i still race a yamaha TZ250 - so i gues im not that old - dont feel it anyway

thanks

steve

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
steved57 said:
touch flatfooted on - i have been riding and racing some
37+ years so its really no problem - i was just curious !
the dealer here is offering $1000.00 of list price of
$24,995.oo usd - so i can buy it for $23,995.00 usd
does anyone here in the states know of any dealers doing
any better than that

thanks

steve
I don't really know about US prices, but with all that experience i'm sure you'll love it :f4: Especially after some suspension tweaks :smoking:

As for your age, i agree that it really means nothing if you don't feel it and love and ride sport bikes :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
144 Posts
In regard to the discount, I seriously doubt that this is sanctioned by MV. All the MV sellers (worldwide) are requested (cannot be strictly enforced, as this is against trade practices act) NOT to discount any MV.I would presume that the 312 would be the least of the models to fall under a discount.
As far as the ride position, almost every test written in Australia on the 312, makes mention of it being the most radical riding position of any bike on the market.....I guess one has to pay a small dividend for having the finest bike in the world!

·
Registered
762 Posts
steved57 said:
touch flatfooted on .......
It's strange how the spec sheets sometimes don't seem to match with what's real. I am 5'9" and am almost flat-footed on the zx10r, while it is impossible for that to happen with me on any F4... I am just "half-footed" (so to speak) on the F4 at best... maybe the width of the seat has something to do with it?

As a side note, my friend who is 6'2" is perfectly comfortable on the F4, and he says it fits him like a glove, much better than any of the Japanese bikes.

I have to agree with MV-999R... the MV is riding position is a committed one, initially uncomfortable especially coming from Japanese bike (and even Ducati)... but it only takes a few rides, and it is 100% PURE BLISS! Especially for a 312, I assure you this! Do not hesitate!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Dova80 said:
Honestly I its the first I have heard of about the 312 being discounted..
Chet: Didn't you get the message? Immediately after you purchased your 1000R, MV authorized a factory to customer discount of $4000 on all 312's !...:stickpoke just kiddin...:)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I would have to say the riding position is way more aggressive than the sport bikes. you really reach across the tank. I am 6' and i stand on my tipee toes at the lowest setting I think it is the lowest. and you do sit ass up on the bike I road race my R1 and when I get on it you sit down in the bike not the 312 where you sit up on top of the bike so risers would not hurt. I sat on a zx10 the other day messing around at the dealer and the feelings is night and day. I had to get used to riding the MV because of sitting on top of the bike and the reach across the tank. leaning was weird but the entire ride of the bike pins the fun meter off the scale

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi Steve

Yes the ride position is aggresive, at your height it may be a reach to the bars.
The tank on the MV's seems long, and you reach over it to the bars.

I'm 5'11", have no real problem with reach. At your height, I would at least do a decent test ride to assertain whether this bike is for you.

I know of a couple of guys that either can't reach the ground or the bars comfortably ... they chose not to risk it and chose a different path over the MV.

With all this said, we wish you the best of luck and hope to see you on the forum with a new aquisition.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Randarosa said:
Chet: Didn't you get the message? Immediately after you purchased your 1000R, MV authorized a factory to customer discount of $4000 on all 312's !...:stickpoke just kiddin...:)
:laughing: no I didnt get that memo, but it wouldnt suprise me if they did that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
again i really appreciate everyones thoughts and am going to dealer
today and checking things out - i believe by far it is best looking bike
out there and feel the riding position would be ok - but i am a little
concerned that some of you guys are 5'9 - 6' and it seems tall to
you - ill le toyu all know what i find out - i am lookin at a red/siler
one

thanks again

steve

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
Steved57,
I rode my dealer's demo 1000R for a day and was not uncomfortable with seat height. I am 5' - 71/2" barefoot. Yes, it was a one foot down or tip toe seating position, but I rarely put more then my right foot down at stops anyway. The reach to the bars was my biggest complaint, as I could not really get weight off my wrists, but bar risers would help there. I have to say, the motor is just f**king incredible, and the bike handles sooooo good. I prefer the Brutale riding position for what I do, but would love to have an F4 in my garage for those days when high speed twisties are all there is.
Here's a photo a friend took from behind, with my right foot on peg and hands on tank to give you an idea (just ignore the red Alpinstar boots that Randy finds so attractive):

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts