MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I wonder if the R1's new fairing is to help adderss the heat issues. I'm not too impressed with the new Ducati (if those are the real pictures).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The R1 new fairing is obviously very close to last years model with some added sharper styles similar to it's sibiling the R6.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too impressed with the new Ducati (if those are the real pictures).[/QUOTE]

I agree. The new Ducati is not very impressive. They may have been better off if they design the new Ducati 1098cc to look like or similar to their high end $60,000 Ducati Desmo RR. Just MHO.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
spalding12 said:
wow

this is hideous:
and i have money down on the tri-colore 1098

1. i'll be removing that deposit tomorrow
2. how pissed anyone would be to own that 1098 to find out that an 1199 would be out 1 year later.... IF that turns out to be true
Greg: this was an artist rendering based on the black spy picture (with black duct tape all over it, and a decoy set of plastics). IE if you take the spy picture and photochop it to remove the duct tapes. Still, keep in mind it is a decoy set of plastics.

I think the 1199 version will be available in R model only (my guess) in 08, but the standard & the S model "may" continue to be produced in 1098 (actually 1099). The tri color is probably not the same as the R model.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spalding12 said:
wow

this is hideous:

and i have money down on the tri-colore 1098

1. i'll be removing that deposit tomorrow
2. how pissed anyone would be to own that 1098 to find out that an 1199 would be out 1 year later.... IF that turns out to be true
Greg,

You really have a deposit? I thought you'd spend any extra money you had on a big brother F4 1000R for your not so little 910R sibling. Also, does the wife know? :stickpoke

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
well
i should have followed that "the F4 is too tall me for thread" a bit closer
because, at 5'6".... and a 27.5" inseam.... there is NO way i can ride the F4
too freakin' tall

not kidding
very depressing
the duc might not be my cup of tea, either
the 1098 is the biggest UNknown of the year..... the show at milano is still 6 weeks away

also....
IF there really IS an 1199 coming 1 year later.... the "R" version
5-7K more money
i'll save until then.... still might not get it
my 910R and K1200GT are enough for me right now

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
spalding12 said:
the tri-colore is just the upgraded "S" with a full 57mm termi exhaust (worth 4K) and a special 3-color paint job (who really cares) and a few more carbon bits than the "S" version.... from what we know right now
Part of the reason I was using words such as "probably", "my guess" is because these are "all" rumors at this point...nothing is publicized/announced.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
spalding12 said:
well
too freakin' tall
Here's a recap. To make the MV lower:

1) Adjust ride height;
2) Change 1000cc linkage with that of a 750;
3) Lower profile tires; and
4) Boots with more sole.

I'm 5' 4" with a 30" inseam and I didn't have to get lower profile tires.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Here's a recap. To make the MV lower:

1) Adjust ride height;
2) Change 1000cc linkage with that of a 750;
3) Lower profile tires; and
4) Boots with more sole.

I'm 5' 4" with a 30" inseam and I didn't have to get lower profile tires.
i'm glad you reminded me of that, allan
because i think it was ME who convinced YOU to push forward with those mods (that others suggested for you)

so...... why did i forget all of that
not sure
time to rekindle that interest

thanks for your thoughts

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
571 Posts
WYD OPN can tell you just how awesome that new 1098 Ducati is!!!!!

I heard it'll reclaim it's spot as "the most coveted and beautiful machine money can buy"..... and for only $15,000!!!!!!

Get ready and start saving your pennies........

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm really starting to wonder if Ducati's aesthetics peaked with the Tamburini 748-998 design.

Is it all downhill from here?

I hope not. I will always have a soft spot for the trellis framed, v-twin Ducs, no matter their fuglyness.

One thing is for sure, that pic is simply a 749/999 with a lot of phtoshop time put into it. Many things in that picture give it away as such.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
spalding12 said:
well
too freakin' tall

not kidding
very depressing
the duc might not be my cup of tea, either
the 1098 is the biggest UNknown of the year..... the show at milano is still 6 weeks away

also....
IF there really IS an 1199 coming 1 year later.... the "R" version
5-7K more money
i'll save until then.... still might not get it
my 910R and K1200GT are enough for me right now
FWIW, I didn't find the F4 1000, in this case Ben's Senna, any higher than my F4 750 (I am 5'6" with 30" inseam.) :)

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
WYD OPN can tell you just how awesome that new 1098 Ducati is!!!!!

I heard it'll reclaim it's spot as "the most coveted and beautiful machine money can buy"..... and for only $15,000!!!!!!

Get ready and start saving your pennies........
Although aesthetics are highly subjective, I'm one of very few non-dealers to see the 1098 and I don't think ANYONE will be disappointed in the new Duc. No photoshop pic has truly even come close to the actual bike. See for yourself in mid-November at Milan.

(Hey, Vlad... howzit? Glad to hear from you.)

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
fazer6 said:
The R1 looks like they sacrificed too much form for function.
...which is why I bought an '06 in Raven black. Last of the 5-valvers, too. I'll wait 'til I see a new '07 in person before passing final personal judgement. Pictures simply don't truly depict motorcycles very well.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
FWIW, I didn't find the F4 1000, in this case Ben's Senna, any higher than my F4 750 (I am 5'6" with 30" inseam.) :)
The bikes at Pro Italia are set up for NBA players who come in on occassion. :) Even the 999's were tall!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts