Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presenting the 2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Make Model
Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Year

Engine
Liquid-cooled, four stroke, transverse three cylinder. DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

Capacity

Bore x Stroke

79 x 71.4 mm

Compression Ratio
12.0:1

Induction
Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection

Ignition / Starting

Digital–inductive type via electronic engine management system / electric

Max Power
130 hp @ 9250rpm

Max Torque

77 ft-lb @t 7550rpm

Transmission / Drive
6 Speed / chain

Frame
Tubular, fabricated aluminum alloy perimeter

Front Suspension
45mm upside down forks with dual rate springs and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping

Rear Suspension

Monoshock with adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping

Front Brakes

2x 320mm discs 4 piston calipers

Rear Brakes

Single 220mm disc 2 piston caliper

Front Tyre

120/70 ZR17

Rear Tyre
190/50 ZR17

Dry-Weight / Wet-weight
189 kg

Fuel Capacity

18 Litres

·
Registered
398 Posts
fazer6 said:
man that bike is messy
It's hard to beat the Brutale for design and appeal but my second favorite naked bike is the Speed Triple.

Totally hooligan like. I rode my friends back in 2003 and that bike is just flat out fun and a wheelie machine. The design is very dated however but they sell a lot of them. The Triumph brand is growing by leaps and bounds!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Its funny, i love the looks of this bike, untill I really went over one closely in person. It has a very "unfinished" carachtarestic about it, but not in the raw, edgy way that I think they were shooting for. The bike rides beautifully, its a damn good time, sounds mean with plenty of balls. I just couldnt get past the overall cheapness that it seemed to posess.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Some Guy said:
Its funny, i love the looks of this bike, untill I really went over one closely in person. It has a very "unfinished" carachtarestic about it, but not in the raw, edgy way that I think they were shooting for. The bike rides beautifully, its a damn good time, sounds mean with plenty of balls. I just couldnt get past the overall cheapness that it seemed to posess.
Agreed, I love the bike, but just to messy for me (wires & tubes everywhere, parts look like they're tacked on as an afterthought, etc.).

·
Registered
281 Posts
credge said:
Those exhausts really suck, also the horn looks like it came out of 1930s part bin.
Funny, looks like the very horn that I have on my 910R... A horn is a horn. I do agree that there is a subtle but recognizable cheapness to the bike overall.... An to to be fair, the bike is cheap - about half the price of our obsession..... You get what you pay for, more or less...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts