1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
spalding12 said:
if you can get over having what everyone else has..... then....... it MIGHT be for you

you could do do a lot worse
Yeah, like buy a gixxer :laughing:

·
Registered
878 Posts
If R1 ever catches up with the R6 technology and drop the 5 valve and go to 4 valve technology, it may actually become a good bike with a more decent low end torque!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
If R1 ever catches up with the R6 technology and drop the 5 valve and go to 4 valve technology, it may actually become a good bike with a more decent low end torque!
except for the MASSIVE LIES that Yamaha propagated about the REDLINE on the new R6... that was actually almost 2,000 LOWER than advertised... and the fact that the bike is completely UNrideable below 11,500 rpm
the Triumph 675 DESERVEDLY took EVERY accolade away from that R6 because of its LACK of rideability

i'll take the R1 over that R6 any day of the week

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
878 Posts
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2535

R1 in its current shape has been around for three years now. In 2006 it received minor updates and a special edition was launched. All to sell as many R1's as possible in a year Yamaha knew it would be beaten all the time by the big Suzuki GSX-R 1000. The WSB boys recently received a new engine and Nitro Nori is doing better and better in the championship. It is expected that Yamaha will launch a brand new R1 in Germany this autumn and our designers impression reflects the fact that Yamaha does not want the R1 to be a big version of the R6. The 2007 R1 will be a big bike with big performance for big boys. Yamaha has concentrated more on top end power than Suzuki and Honda. Will we finally see a R1 with a proper midrange soon? Or will the 07 R1 feature advanced fly-by-wire throttle such as on the R6, traction control and perhaps even a factory quick shifter now that the FJR has got one? If the R1 gets a quick shifter it will almost certainly still feature a clutch and gear lever though. By: TS/CG by Robert "Robo" O'Brien

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The first picture kind of reminds me of a marriage between the current R1 and the new Bimota DB6 Delerio. The last picture looks like an M1/R1 marriage. Either way, I like Yamahas and I hope they make something great!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The lines still look too angular to me, the Japanese stylists need to spend some time in Italy with the experts. :smoking:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
spalding12 said:
i think that most folks who own MVs respect the R1.... they ought to
it's a great bike
typically japanese in appearance.... but a wonderful machine

i HAD lusted over the R1 LE for a while..... never found one

now, i'll have the F4 1000R and it won't matter.... but, i still respect the R1
Actually, the tail section and gas tank looks like it was MV inspired. The front is R1 tradition - which is nice for a Japanese manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts