MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KTM launched the new 690 SM at the recent INTERMOT show, but have saved several news and details until the EICMA show in November.

One of them is the new 990 Superduke and SDR (Superduke R). The R gets radial brakes, 4 litres more fuel capacity, redesigned front, new instruments, mirrors, led rear lights, colours and graphics as well as full Euro 3 compliance. The R also gets several carbon fibre parts, orange frame, CNC machined headstock, steering damper, single seat unit (only available as a single seater) and more horsepower.

The standard 2007 990 Superduke gets the radial calipers, 4litres bigger fuel tank, new chassis details and new instruments.

Presenting

The 2007 KTM Superduke

The 2007 KTM Superduke R

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
the bastard child of a street bike mother and a dirt bike father. Looks like a mess IMHO. Maybe its better in person.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Gladio said:
the bastard child of a street bike mother and a dirt bike father. Looks like a mess IMHO. Maybe its better in person.
Maybe, but I test rode last years bike, it really is one hooligan of a bike, they reckon it slays most 1000 sportsbikes once the going gets twisty, it brought out the :devilsmok in me!

I was hooning past streams of cars down a twisty road, I remember thinking "if I end up in a hedge. these people I have just passed won't help me, they're more likely to stop and kick me to death"

Hows that saying go: "There's no such thing as an ugly blow job"

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I like the way the orange frame one looks.

I thought they weren't going to go to radial brakes because the 4 pad calipers are enough stopping power? Gotta keep up with the fashion trends I guess...

Still waiting for their superbike.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I was hooning past streams of cars down a twisty road, I remember thinking "if I end up in a hedge. these people I have just passed won't help me, they're more likely to stop and kick me to death"
Crashing on that thing would be like diving into a blender..."He survived the initial impact of the high-side, but once the Duke caught up with him, he was julienned into thin strips of bacon"

The "R" looks like the ultimate hooligan weapon...I am just not a fan of the (IMO) outdated "Every corner is an sharp angle" look of the bike...TOOO sharp. Put a Monster tank on that thing, and a smoother headlight nacelle and fly-swatter, round out the tail section, and you can take my deposit today.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Oh, this year in the UK we have the "Superduke cup" I kid you not, should be a riot............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts