MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pictures of the bike Al brought to me to help with a Low Beam issue. He bought it from a local dealer for what I think is a good price.

The bike is factory marked Corse, it has a full system with slash cut RG3 (apparently) exhaust, and it's been treated quite well.

For those in the know, tell us what you know. I didn't know this existed.

Corse decals clear coated over:
IMG_0371r.jpg

IMG_0378r.jpg

IMG_0377r.jpg

Tasty SLASH-CUT RG3(?):
IMG_0370r.jpg
IMG_0380r.jpg
IMG_0379r.jpg

It's a full system with decat mid-pipe:
IMG_0374r.jpg

Ok, to you officianados: Tell us a story about this machine. Dave? Blake?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi big fella.

This bike, in my opinion, is not an official MV Agusta limited edition bike nor is it an MV Corse limited edition bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Just one more thought - normally the motivation for repainting a bike is in the event of a crash.

I'd be looking for any evidence of a spill on the usual suspects. In particular the RHS & LHS fairing inner surfaces / interior of the seat unit / trellis frame / frame plates where the rear brake or gear shift levers can push into the frame plate and leave a witness mark.

I may be wrong but I can't think of another reason to repaint a bike so close to OEM finish with some alternative decals.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If this bike did go down I think chuck will back me up they did the best job anyone has ever seen making it look like nothing happened fairings off there's not a scratch anywhere its spotless nothing's bent or shows signs of previous damage.

The one thing that's funny is the pearl white is a touch different from chucks my pearl had a blue tint to it where chucks had a gold tint to it seemed odd

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Al, we need to look at both in the light...that may have been an effect of where they were. Mine looked a bit bluer at the track.

I'll look at the steering stops when I see the bike next, but this bike is very clean.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its seems like a stock paint job if it isn't I'd like to know who did it so he/she can be my permanent painter cause nobody I've seen could do as good as factory paint job as this seems.

When I brought it to chucks I had no idea there was anything done to it at all I knew was it was an mv agusta he started pointing things out the dealer I got it from said it was a 1 owner bike that was never touched or changed they really didn't seem to know anything about mv agusta and the salesman said it was there first and probably there last.

there not really around my area if it is a corse what does that mean I'm new to these mv agusta bikes

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stickers are clear coated and the traditional 1000R is gone. I suppose, if Al wanted to post it, the VIN would tell us a bit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can post the vin when I get back from western mass away work Friday

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok gents here it is VIN# ZCGAKFGM87V100617 if it isn't a special model it won't hurt my feelings its still sweet and when I saw the title from the last guy that owned it the mileage read 0 so its still a true one owner bike

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok gents here it is VIN# ZCGAKFGM87V100617 if it isn't a special model it won't hurt my feelings its still sweet and when I saw the title from the last guy that owned it the mileage read 0 so its still a true one owner bike
Al, its always special, what ever model it may be. Very clean and beautiful bike.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now from when I posted the VIN I found that a guy payed for a corse package to be applied to a f4r1000 to make it a corse bike fairings brakes rims and other things could that be what this is

·
Registered
710 Posts
Now from when I posted the VIN I found that a guy payed for a corse package to be applied to a f4r1000 to make it a corse bike fairings brakes rims and other things could that be what this is
Its just 2 stickers:

1 in the mirror well placed. The one from the rear wrong place.

Nothing else from U.S Corse Kit.

The stickers are for a Mv F4 1000 Corse model, wich the bick isn´t.

The stickers........for a R312 Corse model are different.

Sorry...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its all good its still just as fun to ride and still has so far a cattless mid pipe slash cut mufflers and metal fans all that I didn't have to buy so I'm still happy with it its still not a loss

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Its all good its still just as fun to ride and still has so far a cattless mid pipe slash cut mufflers and metal fans all that I didn't have to buy so I'm still happy with it its still not a loss
Its your bike so ride the rims off it.. : )

joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts