MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a low mileage 910 last September, it had not been used for a long time and needed a new battery. I stupidly put one of the negative wires to positive and my problems began. To cut a long story short, the starter solenoid is good and fuse is fine. I replaced the SPU with a brand new unit and the ECU has been checked over by Carmo Electronics and it is OK. There is no power to the SPU fuse marked Latch Relay and although there is power to all fuses and fuses are good, nothing controlled by the first 5 fuses on the left of the picture works. There is no local MV workshop and I am out of ideas. There is no diode on this model. Can anybody help please? Thanks

Circuit component Electronic instrument Audio equipment Office equipment Electronic component

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
If somebody doesn’t jump in before tomorrow morning, I’ll help get you sorted then.
It is 3:30 in the afternoon here, what time is it where you are?
Do you have the workshop and parts manual for your machine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If somebody doesn’t jump in before tomorrow morning, I’ll help get you sorted then.
It is 3:30 in the afternoon here, what time is it where you are?
Do you have the workshop and parts manual for your machine?
Thank you for offering assistance. We are 5 hours ahead of you in UK. I do not have workshop manual but do have the wiring diagram from the owners handbook and access to online parts manual.

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
Send me your email via private message, or post it here, and I’ll send your manuals via DropBox.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Welcome to the family MN4040 ... even if you joined in 2021. About time you made a post !!!
So you are on the Isle of Man ??? Do you know Ade Critten? Lives in Ballaugh...top bloke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the family MN4040 ... even if you joined in 2021. About time you made a post !!!
So you are on the Isle of Man ??? Do you know Ade Critten? Lives in Ballaugh...top bloke.
Thanks! I don't know Ade but know of him, I bought this bike last September and promptly broke it even before I got to hear it run. I was absolutely gutted and shut it up in shed but TT has made me try to get it fixed, so far with a spectacular lack of success.

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
Good morning. I have sent the following: Workshop Manual from 2007, Workshop Manual from 2008, 910 Engine manual from a prior year, and the parts list for your bike.
I never did receive an email from you, so please check that you receive these manuals from me via DropBox.
Now, lets get you up and running.
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
That is bizarre as I have received not emails from you. I have checked my junk folder, too...nada.

Anyway, I'll have a look at wiring and see what I can see.

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
There are two diodes as part of a ECU "Safety System".
I cant figure out where they are on the B4 910, but on an early F4 they are on the right hand frame of the bike.
Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Parallel

It is entirely possible that the "Safety CPU" is part of the SPU on the B4. All of the relaying is in the SPU.
On an early F4, it is here...and is described in the following
Font Parallel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Screenshot

:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking at the workshop manual, section E page 37 says that I should test between pins 4&5 and 3&5 on 36 way coupling on CPU. I have done so and do not seem to have any voltage.

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
Under what conditions of Side Stand/Clutch Switch/Gear Position?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts