MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, as everyone here knows, headlights fall off of the Brutales. Does anyone have any idea of Glass for sale or some other way to get it back up and running? I pm'd CAG already, waiting for a reply. Other than that, can anyone provide reputable dealer info that I can call and get a quote. Recently they got a new part number to replace mine:

Old: 8000a1771

New: 800097124

Please help! The shiny inside is starting to wear a bit!!!!

Thanks a lot guys!

Mark

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey everyone, as everyone here knows, headlights fall off of the Brutales. Does anyone have any idea of Glass for sale or some other way to get it back up and running? I pm'd CAG already, waiting for a reply. Other than that, can anyone provide reputable dealer info that I can call and get a quote. Recently they got a new part number to replace mine:

Thanks a lot guys!

Mark
my understanding is this, you can't buy the glass separately. You can buy a used headlight, I've seen people asking anywhere from $300 -$550 dollars. Price on a new headlight is around $600.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Brutale headlight lens?

because of the number of lenses that broke there is kind of a shortage........

new headlight (lens isn't sold separately);
http://store.proitalia.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=800097124

the old price was $1054:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

invoice on my desk for 3M Window Weld $22.89

yes, using the real deal...... used clear RTV silicone last time, it lasted ~18 months

didn't break a lens.....it didn't look right, a fingernail tug popped it off:wtf:

·
Registered
14,565 Posts

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts

Thanks a lot guys!

Mark
Contact Ian at European Motorsports, aka Riders Hill in Dahlonega. Great people and friendly service....and they don't gouge on parts prices like some (no automatic add on to MSRP).
He'll get it for you quickly and ship it to you if you like.
Tell him Ed says HI.

·
Registered
125 Posts
invoice on my desk for 3M Window Weld $22.89

yes, using the real deal...... used clear RTV silicone last time, it lasted ~18 months

didn't break a lens.....it didn't look right, a fingernail tug popped it off:wtf:

I am putting some Window Weld on tomorrow. Any insight on how to use this stuff? "Do's" or don't's?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I finally got around to doing this today. Thanks for the insight, Red Baron. The Window Weld is bit messy, but judging by the PSI rating will be well worth it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
for ozzie owners use silastic industrial filler sealer black or clear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts