MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

having issues with the EBS relay not functioning and cutting out a cylinder when the bike is really hot.

has anyone bypassed this relay by snipping off the relay and shorting together the appropriate wires? if so, can you provide details?

TIA

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
The relay controls the solenoid, so if you just snip the wires and short them you may be looking at a host of problems.

You could unplug the relay and then block the ports on the solenoid, or you could jut buy a new relay.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

ok so the relay is actually used to control the FI solenoid in addition to providing the EBS function? if so, looks like I will be buying a new one.

when hot it acts up. i have even mounted it so I can hang it out the fairing vent but when it gets hot - like now, still no good. i didnt want to buy a new relay if this was just going to be a reoccuring problem.

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
No, there is a solenoind mounted on the number 2 cylinder. It has nothing to do with the Fuel Injection. There are two vacuum lines coming off the solenoid, if I remember correctly, that is what bleeds pressure from the cylinder.

One of the more mechanically astute members
can tell you exactly how it works.

Sometimes the relays go bad, sometimes they don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts