MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I decided to sell my F41000 1+1 Blue/silver with 230 miles. I brought the bike brand new from Fast by Ferraci in February 2006 for $21,750. In addition I got the stars of the wheel painted blue ($600) to match the color of the bike. I am willing to sell at $19,000. Let me know, if anybody is interested.

Thanks
Sajan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is on e-bay now. Let me know, if anybody is interested. I can entertain best offer as long as it is not insulting.

Sajan

·
Registered
65 Posts
too bad California have a strict emission law. So, it's going to be hard to register the bike, unless it is 7500miles. But then it would defeat the purpose of getting a good deal and low mileage.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, any USA-spec MV should pass CA requirements. MV did not build a CA specific bike. All their bikes are CA compliant (again USA spec).

One of the more significant differences between a CA bike and a non-CA bike is the evaporative emission system. This consists of an evaporation canister (charcoal filter) and plumbing. It's purpose is to capture the fumes that come from the raw gasoline in the gas tank, condense them, and return them to the engine for combustion.

Tamburini specifically withheld the sale of the MV from the entire USA market until the evap system was completed. And he didn't want to just stuff a canister somewhere on the bike, which is how all the other manufacturers handle this. It had to be hidden. So, he had it put in the gas tank.

Bottom line, you can go get any MV and it will be CA legal. I would think that the importer (Cagiva USA) should be able to help you get some documentation stating this to help get it registered at the DMV.

Alex

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sajan,

It's a shame you bought it and haven't used it. If you used it, you would NOT want to sell it. MV's are GREAT machines. The more you ride them, the better the experience.

Good-luck on the sale.

Peter

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah what's the reason for your sale of such a great machine?
I have the same exact bike and am uderly in love with it. It makes my day everytime I ride it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts