MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you’ve noticed in the past year or so, I’ve had several parts off of my 2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S for sale. The motorcycle was in a little fender bender and while rebuilding it, I decided to make it a little more desirable.
It became a full carbon fiber F4 with magnesium goodies.
A big Thank you to Alex from My GP Racing. He has been a tremendous help. Thanks to him I got the best carbon fiber fairings you can get for an F4 – Carbonvani. The CF is beautiful, great quality and most importantly, the parts didn’t require any modifications. Alex had to deal with my early morning and late night messages. I know I was a pain in the ass, but he always made himself available. Answered all my questions and if he didn’t have the answer he made sure to do some research and got back to me. There were more parts that he helped me to get like the CF BST Wheels, MCs, etc. - it was a long list.
Thank you Brad for sourcing out other parts not readily available for this bike.
Thank you guys here on the forum for helping me source out parts as well.

Originally it was a Matte Black biposto. Decided to change it to a monoposto. Great call. I think it looks stunning.
I’m listing all the parts that were purchased for this project below:

CARBONVANI:
Headlight Fairing
Monoposto Seat Tail
Left & Right Side Fairing
Belly Pan
Front Fender
Left & Right Air Ducts
Left & Right Electrical Panel
Left & Right Headlight Bracket
Left & Right Small Tank Panel
Front Mudguard Arch
Key Cover
Small Side Airbox Covers
Swingarm Cover
Exhaust Collector Guard
Heel Guards
Oil Cooler Tip
Seat Undertray

Side View Mirror Housings were sourced out of Italy /impossible to find, I got very very lucky/. They were sitting on a backshelf at motocorse in glossy CF. Guys at Motocorse were so great and changed them to matte black to match the Carbonvani fairings.

Other parts:
Magnesium Swing Arm
Magnesium Frame Plates
Magnesium Lower Triple Clamp
Extra set of Magnesium Wheels w/Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa tires
Moto Corse Aluminum Frame Plugs
Motor Corse Extended Side Stand
Bodis Titanium Full System
MWR Airfilter
Brembo 19x18 Billet Radial Brake Master Cylinder w/folding Short Lever
Brembo 16x18 Billet RCS Clutch Master Cylinder w/folding Short Lever
Marchesini Stem Valves
Brembo Brake and Clutch Reservoirs
Integrated Turn Signals - Rear – Smoke
BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Ceramic Wheel Bearings
Ohlins TTX36 by Moto Corse Rear Shock - I say if it's good for the Lewis Hamilton F4, it has to be good for me as well :)
New OEM Fuel Tank Mounting Brackets
New OEM Crank Shaft Cover
Banjo bolts for Monoblock Calipers
STM 30mm Clutch Slave Cylinder
Design Corse Racing Upgraded Water Pump
Samco Silicone Hose Kit
Microtec ECU with Autotune
Front Seat and Monoposto Rear Hump
SS Front Brake Line
Meshes for the Fairings
Sylvania ZXE White Bulbs
New Fuel Fittings
2007 F4R Radial Forks
2009 F4RR Brembo Monoblock Calipers
320mm Brembo Rotors of a F4R
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Tires
HM Plus Quickshifter w/LCD Display on the side
NGK Iridium Plugs
Muzzy aluminum fan blades
New fuel lines and fuel filter
Healtech Gipro Gear Indicator – Blue GPX-D1
Mitchy Rear Hub
Airbox RivNut mod
EVR Slipper Clutch
Motocorse Billet Aluminum Gas Cap
Rizoma pegs and Driver Adapters
LED Plate Light
Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
Evap Canister delete
Air Box of an F4R
Gas tank off of a Senna – at least that’s what I was told
Featherweight battery
EK Chain 3D 525Z x 120 in Gold
New OEM and Custom made decals

…and stuff I keep forgetting

I'll be posting pictures soon

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All Right, all right. I'm going to start first with few pics when it was born. After that you'll get to see what I'd to deal with and why did this project take such a long time. At the time of the crash it already had Brembo MCs, Bodis, etc. - But I changed all that while rebuilding. I really loved my Matte Black F4. It was a dream come true when I purchased it. I never wanted just an F4. I wanted a Matte Black F4. It was such a beautiful bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The process of rebuilding, making it better, stronger, faster, sexier

Attachments

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Looking great. Not sure if you have painted her yet. I would suggest matching the mag gold color for some of the MV Logos. This will tie in the gold to different areas of the bike, while keeping the matt look.

·
Registered
178 Posts
WOW ? I love everything you’ve done so far can’t wait to see the photos when it’s finished

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
All right. I'm going to be honest with you guys. I never intended to share the bike on the forum as I like to fly under the radar. This basically translates to pictures that I just took here and there while in the presence of the bike. Never really focused on taking pics to share one day with the world. I apologize for shitty pictures. I promise to take some good quality pictures next time I stretch it's legs to show the beauty of this bike. For now we are all stuck with these randomly taken pics /I'm sharing all the pics I've of it good or bad/ :)

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Since these pics were taken I already painted the clip on retainers for the dzus fasteners matte black. You might also notice the domino throttle or some of the pics showing the original throttle grip. I went back to the original one as I didn't like the play in the throttle domino's have. The license plate got so messed up in the accident I'd to get a new one. It took the DMV 9 weeks to reissue the plate and send it. I just went down to the dealer and asked them for the license plate insert in case I get pulled over until I got the one from the DMV. One of the last pictures show the bike being covered and my other car parked at a safe place away from the fires we had few weeks ago. That time was a little stressful for me. Aaaaaaand, the second set of wheels in magneeeeeeeesium :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Next set of pictures will be of the fully finished bike minus the Microtec ECU - Still waiting for Ed to fly out and install it :)

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Project Finished!!! It's gorgeous, stunning, powerful,..., everything one can ask for in a bike. It's just spectacular. And most importantly, it's not overdone! Couldn't be happier. Every night I go down to the garage and just keep staring at it. It's weird LOL Few pics were enhanced, so they show a little different color. They were taken by my friend and are a little more artistic as my simple pics LOL I also posted pics with it's cousins taken on the day we unveiled my newly rebuilt F4 to the world. I hate to say, but the Silver/Blue F4 always steals the show. Ooh, how I hate that bike LOL And Yeah, that good looking fella in leathers, that's me Haha

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts