MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so, I've literally spent the last 3 hours reading up on oil type for this bike. As hard as it is to believe, I still have a question (or two).

I know that Agip 10w-60 full synthetic is the preferred type. GP Racing is the only place I can seem to find it and have it shipped in the States (Florida). But after shipping it's almost $20 a quart, and still have to pick up the filter. I know some might say this is a small price to pay to protect your engine, but this adds up quick. So, with this being said...

1) Does anyone know of other distributers that will ship Agip 10w-60 in the US I can use to compare some prices?

or...

2) I've read of peep's using full synthetic 15w-50 without issue. If this is the case, I'll grab a Mobile 1 filter (M1-108) along with four quarts of Mobile 1 15w-50 and rock on. This could all be done for under $50.

She only has 3,500 miles on it, and I'm trying to keep her running her best. Thanks in advanced!

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
No-one wants to reply because it could start a war.I use Motul 5100 4T 10w50.:)

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
It's all been said before.
Look in your manual. It specifies a viscosity range for the temperatures in your climate.\
Use an oil in that range and you are fine.

I put on my Big Boy Panites and use AMSOil 20w-50 Motorcycle Oil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No-one wants to reply because it could start a war.I use Motul 5100 4T 10w50.:)
I figured as such. I spent many hours on the topic today reading the endless threads. I hesitated to start this one :ahhh:

I think I'll end up putting Mobile 1 15w-50 in her. This is what I've used in the past on the Jap bikes. I had to ask though cause this one is something special :f4:

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
I figured as such. I spent many hours on the topic today reading the endless threads. I hesitated to start this one :ahhh:

I think I'll end up putting Mobile 1 15w-50 in her. This is what I've used in the past on the Jap bikes. I had to ask though cause this one is something special :f4:
See what I mean,3 different brands of oils used by 3 people.Mobil 1 4T is a very good oil,I use it in my Triumphs past and present.Most quality synthetic oils using the correct grade for your climate will be OK.Only thing for have to watch out for is there is no friction modifiers in the oil which is bad for wet clutches which Mobil 4T does not have.
Good luck.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
chrisbanks00;
check with Pep Boys, they do a 5 quarts of Mobil 1 15w-50 and the M-108 for $30 go on line to find it

actually the Purolator PL-14612 costs way less and has a better rating

I use the Mobil 1 15w-50 because I can buy it anywhere:drummer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts