MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The lean angle on my bike when parked is getting scary and seems to have gotten worse over the couple of years that I've had it.

Had a look at the side stand and noticed that there is lateral play/slop in the pivot/bush of the stand. Anybody had any experience with fixing this, apart from dishing out big bucks and waiting forever for a new part from MV?

Alternatively, any suggestions for an improved alternative? I'm thinking of adding a thicker/wider foot to the stock stand for less lean angle and bigger footprint.

Cheers Claudio

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks for the tip, will check tomorrow

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Folks
Took the stand off the bike and all bolts had been securely fastened. However, the U-section at the top of the stand had widened due to a crack. The recessed bolt head only has a small lip and that had ceded into the recess allowing the U-section to widen and subsequently crack.

I took it to an engineer who closed/straightened the U-section and welded the crack. He then made me a new bolt with a wider head so as to prevent the U-section from widening in future. He also welded a thick foot/pad at the end of the stand.

cheers, Claudio

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Claudio;
still be careful, the stand WAS probably heat treated....that's why they crack

now it isn't heat treated

:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Hi

The lean angle on my bike when parked is getting scary and seems to have gotten worse over the couple of years that I've had it.

Had a look at the side stand and noticed that there is lateral play/slop in the pivot/bush of the stand. Anybody had any experience with fixing this, apart from dishing out big bucks and waiting forever for a new part from MV?

Alternatively, any suggestions for an improved alternative? I'm thinking of adding a thicker/wider foot to the stock stand for less lean angle and bigger footprint.

Cheers Claudio
Glad you got it sorted Claudio....., I 'improved' mine a while ago which might be of interest to you?.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48005
Brian:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts