MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Hope to be back on a Brutale before the month is over.

I found a pretty clean 2006 910s Brutale with 2,500 miles here in Texas. Garage kept, never been dropped and rearsets (only extra.) He is asking $7,500 which seems steep. I know the market is pretty odd when it comes to a Brutale so I was hoping ya’ll could help.

I’m curious as to what price range this bike would be in. I’d like to get it so I don’t want to offend but I definitely don’t wanna spend as the hub and SPU are future concerns.
Is the KBB motorcycle values accurate from what ya’ll have seen?
http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/mv-agusta/brutale-910/2006-mv-agusta-brutale-910/trade-in/

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/mv-agusta/brutale-910/2006-mv-agusta-brutale-910/suggestedretailvalue/
Thanks,
ARK

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just paid $9K for an '07 with 910S with 10 500 miles, and that's considered very cheap! Insurance won't even insure for less than $11 800 as that is the lowest book value.

However, that's Australian pricing for you. The bike was $25K brand new over here, where as it was only $15K in the U.S.

Just like anything, it comes down to supply and demand. If he's the only seller in the State and he's not desperate, unfortunately he can dictate the price more than the buyer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It does seem a bit high but the mileage is pretty low. I bought a 07 910R last fall for about that price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent an offer but waiting to hear back.

In the meantime I found a 990r that is priced pretty good so that may be another option.

As for supply and demand it appears there are 6 or 7 Brutales within my driving distance. A few are priced incredibly high thru dealerships. Guess I'll just have to be patient (not good that that) and find the right one.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You didn't consider a 910R? It's got some improvements over the S, I had an S myself, it was a great bike tho.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Loved my 06 s. Paid 7k with 3100 miles. Ran like a clock til the rear hub went at 6500. Traded for 1090. Kinda miss the rawness of the 910.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts