MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my radiator has a pinhole near the top right hand side. A few questions...

Does anyone make an 'aftermarket' radiator and if so, is there any advantage to it?

I've looked at the manual and it seems like a straightforward process to remove it. Is there anything that the manual overlooks?

After the repaired/new one goes back in, is there anything to do other than fill it up? It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, but I imagine you just fill the expansion tank, wait for the thermostat to open and then refill the expansion tank. Please let me know if I'm missing a step.

thanks,
Chris

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
Or.....carefully clean the area, mix a small dab of JB Weld and carefully apply. Allow to fully cure. Away you go.

My own Brutale has been running around with a JB Weld repair for about 10k miles.
I called some radiator repair shops about fixing mine with solder or brazing and they all said they would just do an epoxy repair.....so I did it myself.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Or.....carefully clean the area, mix a small dab of JB Weld and carefully apply. Allow to fully cure. Away you go.

My own Brutale has been running around with a JB Weld repair for about 10k miles.
I called some radiator repair shops about fixing mine with solder or brazing and they all said they would just do an epoxy repair.....so I did it myself.

Thanks Ed. If the area where the pinhole is can easily be accessed without removing the radiator from the bike, is there any other reason to remove it? Or can it be repaired in place?

Did you use the regular JB Weld, or the High Heat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts