MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 1000r dead

after washing the bike today, didnt remove fairings or use a hose, the alarm sounded for no reason, couldnt reset on the fob and then it stopped of its own accord, put the key in the ignition, went to turn it over and a snap sound came from the right side of the bike, and dash went out and blank, dead. Took the key out put it back in, again it primed but when i went to start it it again dies, i hooked up the optimate, it showed 12.4v so turned it over again and it went dark, looked back at the charger it was then showing 0v and 0 amps..........................whats happened? even if it was a fuse surely the battery would still show a charge? any help will be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Try fuses G-7 and L-9, both on the right side of the bike in the fuse block.

Go to Donsy's site and download the Frame Manual. It has a very good electrical trouble shooting guide.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Are you measuring across your battery with a voltmeter?

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
A fully charged battery should show around 13.2 volts.
What are you using for amperage indication?
There is also a diode across the General Relay that, I believe, could show these symptoms if it blows.
Maybe Carl will chime in as I helped him with Danial's bike a while back. I just don't remember the circumstances.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
How is your charger connected to your battery?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it comes with leads to put on to the batter and they are connected to the correct terminals, and it was on charge the week before my track day and battery is brand spanking new

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Is there an in-line fuse on one of the leads going to the battery? It is usually on the positive lead.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im following now, yes i believe there is however the charger wasnt connect the first 2 times the bike died

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
If the charger is directly connected to the battery, as I assume it is, through leads, then, in order for the charger to read zero amps/volts the lines must be faulted or (unlikely) the battery is faulted. Another option is a loose ground.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Having the dash not light up is indicative of fuse G-7 blowing.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Good luck.

What else isn't working?

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Alarm? What kind of alarm? Those things wreak havoc with bike start-up.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
I would look at the fuses, the general relay, the latch relay....and download the manual from Donsy's site so that you can follow the trouble shooting guide.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
meta 357, been a couple glitches since i installed the quick-shifter, missed gears and alarm sounding for no reason, think ill disconnect that too just to see

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Process of elimination, remove alarm, check all fuses, make sure all is dry, check charger to see if it didn't get damaged, remove battery and charge.
Re-install battery the right way round and on it's side as before, double - no, triple check this before removing battery.
Have another go, diode check might be next.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Process of elimination, remove alarm, check all fuses, make sure all is dry, check charger to see if it didn't get damaged, remove battery and charge.
Re-install battery the right way round and on it's side as before, double - no, triple check this before removing battery.
Have another go, diode check might be next.
Check the 40 amp fuses on the left hand side of the bike. my 2cents

1 - 20 of 24 Posts