MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My F4 did not sell on Ebay, does anyone out there want these bikes anymore? I am open to offers if anyone out there is interested. I will take $16,5 at this point. Thanks.. //db

thisnjducquacks, I would be open to thoughts on Cash plus maybe the 749, drop me a private message..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ebay is a waste of time in terms of selling a car or a motorcycle (especially an MV), bunch of lowballers, anybody looking there already goes there with the idea of "stealing" it, I rather keep my Strada than giving it away on Ebay...that's why I'm keeping mine rather than sell it for half of what I paid for it....it makes a good pair with the Senna anyway...just keep it man....

·
Registered
3 Posts
(salvaged) 2003 Ducati 999 with many goodies and 4k miles + a bit of $$$ for trade. Your agusta or anyone elses agusta. I've climbed the ladder of bikes starting from a 95' gixxer 6 to now a duc 999. Now it's time to go into the Agusta side. Hope we can make this happen.

"Objects are further than they appear...on a DUC!"

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think he did. I contacted him to try and buy it early Sept and he still had it but my financing fell through. I plan to try and see if he still has it later or find another when i get my finances back together.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It is funny that he is already at $16.5 which is REALLY LOW, and people still want to discuss "offers' unless it is because it is cash plus another vehicle, otherwise quit lowballing this guy guys...

·
Registered
338 Posts
b42day said:
It is funny that he is already at $16.5 which is REALLY LOW, and people still want to discuss "offers' unless it is because it is cash plus another vehicle, otherwise quit lowballing this guy guys...
Have you become the on line MV price protection guy? Everything depreciates based on the usual particulars and one must assume that the players have done their due diligence into the MV market. Buyers are entitled to ask whatever they want and sellers are free to 'take it or leave it.' Everyone is looking for a fair deal and no one is twisting anyone's arm.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just for the record i was not lowballing him i was willing to pay his asking price because it is a good deal, but life happens and i had to hold off for now. I don't believe in overpaying for something either. Whenever someone puts a price out there for merchandise to sell one must expect to get offers that are a little less than his asking price because people want to see if they can get a better deal and you never know unless you ask. Generally most serious buyers will through out an offer 1000 less than someones asking price to see if they bite or not. That is just bargaining. Lowballing would be offering more than 2000 less than someone's asking price. I mean really even when buying new one always tries to get a better deal than MSRP because we know it is possilbe. No difference in buying used. One person might let something go for an amount another person would feel is too low. That is what people consider finding a steal. Just wanted to thow that out there because as with anyone who has ever sold anything it can get frustrating but some of it you have to expect.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I just think it is a silly game...that I hate playing...the seller prices their item for more than they really want to sell it for because they already know that the buyer will offer less, and the buyer offers less than he is really willing to pay for just beacuse he knows that the buyer is already asking more than he'll take for it and on and on....I don't own a Saturn...but I really like their pricing strategy...the price on the window is the REAL PRICE period....let's not waste our time...and that is how I sell and buy...I don't do the back and forth silly game you tell me your best price and if I agree I buy, if not I walk away...no lowballing or haggling...straight and to the point...but that is just me...so haggle and lowball away if you want, that is just not my style. There's more important battles in life to fight than to haggle over a few dollars or a free t-shirt with your purchase.

·
Registered
338 Posts
b42day said:
I just think it is a silly game...that I hate playing...the seller prices their item for more than they really want to sell it for because they already know that the buyer will offer less, and the buyer offers less than he is really willing to pay for just beacuse he knows that the buyer is already asking more than he'll take for it and on and on....I don't own a Saturn...but I really like their pricing strategy...the price on the window is the REAL PRICE period....let's not waste our time...and that is how I sell and buy...I don't do the back and forth silly game you tell me your best price and if I agree I buy, if not I walk away...no lowballing or haggling...straight and to the point...but that is just me...so haggle and lowball away if you want, that is just not my style. There's more important battles in life to fight than to haggle over a few dollars or a free t-shirt with your purchase.
Well, its typically how most business is conducted and if done rationally, no harm done. I may be out of line here but I don't believe many on this board are 'haggling' to get a free T-shirt. And with regard to the amount of money in question as to whether its worth haggling over well, that subjective ain't it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a simple solution to all of the haggling. Just put the word FIRM behind the numbers. If you can't hang, don't make an offer. This ebay age lo balling crap really chaps my ass. :bandit:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts