MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have been selling my 2005 MV Agusta Ago replica # 35 with 3900 miles for a few months now. Nobody seems interested on it so I feel like keeping it now.

I Got a call this morning from a 1098S owner. He e-mailed me some PICS and the bike seems to be very clean.The 1098 has 2800 miles lots of carbon and extra parts.

He wants to trade his bike stray across for mine.

I love my Ago and I know MV is a better bike.

My question is:

Should I do it? or should I keep my MV instead?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I wouldn't. The 1098S's aren't exactly "a dime a dozen", but there certainly will be many more of them (in time) than there are MV Agos's. I think that the value of the Duc will depreciate far lower than the MV ever will over time.... and you've got a LOT of expensive upgrades on your bike to boot.

I think your Ago is a much more desireable bike in the long run, much more exclusive --- and you said it yourself, you know it to be a better bike. The Duc is a nice machine, for sure .... but I vote to keep the MV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ragatzi said:
Hello, I have been selling my 2005 MV Agusta Ago replica # 35 with 3900 miles for a few months now. Nobody seems interested on it so I feel like keeping it now.

I Got a call this morning from a 1098S owner. He e-mailed me some PICS and the bike seems to be very clean.The 1098 has 2800 miles lots of carbon and extra parts.

My question is:

Hello there,

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. I think if it were me, I would keep the Ago. You can always get a 1098. In time, the 1098 will probably lose more value and you can have both.

By the way, your Ago looks fantastic! It looks like you spent a small fortune on after market parts. I can't believe no interest. Geez, I wish I saw your bike a month ago. I was after a low mileage one, but it didn't work out. I ended up getting a different bike altogether. I still have the burning desire though. Maybe one of these days....

Out of curiosity, where are you located?

Chuck

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ragatzi said:

My question is:

Get the 1098, and join the 1098 forum !!!!
You'll love it...it's a great bike.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You gotta be kidding? :wtf:

DON'T trade your AGO for a 1098S, unless you really don't like the AGO (which don't seem to be the case) but e still should give you some money on top of it. :baddeal:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Besides.... i just look at the pic and that is not just an AGO but a very nicely tricked one. :f4:
Have you been drinking to even consider such a trade? :jsm:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, for the help. One of the problems is the Bad Economy. Its the only reason that i have to sell my bike.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Ragatzi said:
Thanks, for the help. One of the problems is the Bad Economy. Its the only reason that i have to sell my bike.
That's a shame, i'm sorry to hear that. :(
Hang in there and keep it. :f4:
But just trading it for another bike would do you much to solve the problems of bad economy, would it?

If i was there and had the $$ i would take it off your hands for sure :mouthwate :yo: :yo:
Too many if's though :(

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Ragatzi said:
I think a 1098 will be easier and faster to sell.
Hmmm..... i wouldn't be so sure.
There are plenty of them for sale out there. :jerkoff:
AGO's for sale? Not many, i'm sure :f4:

Hell!!! Would buy your AGO in a heartbeat. Your 1098? Nope.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
If you can, keep the MV. My feeling is that if you trade it you will eventually be sorry...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thinking about selling it or trding it its already hearting me. Thanks for helping me out, This is an awesome MV web site.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Honestly, if it were a real Ago, instead of a replica it might have more appeal on the used-bike market. The majority of buyers tend to stray away from highly modded bikes.

But still, I certainly wouldn't trade for a 1098, that would certainly be just as hard to sell.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I think it's a real ago, but he calls it a replica...

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Although the modifiactions are tastefull, I agree with some of the guys. The resale value in a limited edition bike is in its originality. I would keep the bike if I were you.

CAG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts