MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings folks, Here is my basically new 2005 MV F41000 AGO with only 40 test miles on the clock offered for sale. It is including some extra genuine factory CF parts: (rear hugger and heel /heat guards), brand new RG3 in box, a new catless mid-pipe, manuals, sales brochures, rear stand and an official signed letter from MV Agusta, signed by Castiglioni to assure it's authenticity. $24K. If not selling at that price, It can always sit here in my temperature controlled guestroom and to be admired. It is #288 of the 300 built. If interested, there are many more detailed pictures of the bike which can be emailed to you. Thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I think I remember seeing this one on Ebay. Would love to have an Ago next to my Senna, especially since I have the body panels signed by Agostini himself :)

GLWS

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
the ebay add showed it as sold. Did it not sell or did you buy it from that person?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh absolutely. It will look great next to a Senna!

Yes, I put it on ebay awhile back and the bike was sold, but the guy did not complete the transaction, so here we are...

The second time, I got an offer for $21.9K by a buyer with several hundred positive feedbacks, so it was more than a legit offer; however saying that, I would not and still will not let it go for that low.

I have been told by several dealers to allow them to have it presented at their dealerships on consignment, and where they assured me that they will get top Dollars for it. I just would not want to part with the bike in this manner, since I don't want anything to happen to it while it being displayed and out of my control and supervision.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Wish you good luck. It looks like a great bike but the price is too high.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have to kind of agree, although the market is getting better, I picked up my 07' Senna for $10k less than that, and I was deciding between it and another Ago on Ebay (both around 3k miles but perfect stock shape), but the buyer on the Ago wouldn't budge as much on the price... that and the Senna was within driving distance... but enough of my story, if your not hard up to sell, your not hard up to sell, simple as that. I'm not in a position to buy it, so my words mean nothing to your sale other then maybe some helpful advice if you really do need to sell it. Again I wish you the best of luck and hopefully someone with deeper pockets then I will come along and take good care of it!! :) :yo:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Gentlemen,

To reply to your posts; You're correct, it's absolutely immaculate and as in new condition.

An F4 AGO is very rare and unlike Senna, you will have an extremely difficult time finding one, let alone one with 40 miles on it. Senna is every bid as good and even better mechanically since it uses the upgraded R version engine and some other parts, but despite all that and being equally limited production of 300 units as AGOs are, it's still easier to find a Senna offered for sale. That's the reason. Thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way and before I forget, thanks so much for your well wishes!!!:)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I think the price is fine, there will be a buyer for sure. If I didn't already have an Ago I would be onto this for sure.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I've just seen this thread.....make no mistake here.....this bike is not overpriced. Here's the questions you need to ask yourself. 1. Where you gonna find another one? 2. Refer to question #1. A bike like this is never too high.....it may be too soon, but it's never too high. What ever it costs, it'll be worth that and more five years from now, with one caveat.

That caveat? It's not a bike, it's a perfect example of industrial art. Unwrap it, and ride it, and it'll drop in value. Who ever buys this bike will hopefully understand that they are the conservator of this work of art. If you're looking for a bike to ride, customize, and make your own......buy any of a thousand other more pedestrian F4s and flog the devil out of it.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Each their own. I viewed my SPR as a work of art that could only be truly appreciated while in motion. So I rode the socks off it and loved every minute of the sensory experience.
....until it was totaled, right?

Agreed....to each his own. I see in your registry you bought your bike when it was 2 years old, and it already had 1400km on it. Are you saying that today, you'd buy a zero mile Ago that is over 10 years old and ride it?

Ultimately he who writes the check decides how to use/appreciate his purchase. In your case, there's one less SPR for future generations to enjoy because of your unfortunate accident. I happen to really love SPRs also, having ridden a friend's bike in the past.

I owned a '79 CBX from '06 until this year. I bought the bike with an honest 600 miles on it, and sold it 8 years later with 1600 miles. I rode it just enough (150 miles per year) to keep it commissioned. My bike was as nice as any I've ever seen, and as such, I felt an obligation to preserve it. There were many thousands of CBXs made during their four year run, but there are very few unmolested, low mileage virgin bikes like mine left.

Were I to own that AGO, I'd feel the same way as I did on my CBX. I'd much more rather crash a 312R or 1000R than a masterpiece like that AGO.

But, again, I defer and respect the wishes of the man that writes the check.

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Were I in the market for something like this, it would certainly become a preservation piece. I would have to have the proper place for it to be displayed. There are those that spend thousands on artwork that hangs on walls or adorns entryways or yards...I have done that. This would be akin to that.

I think the price is fair. I wish I had the free cash to buy it. I have to finish my remodel (rebuild) of my house first.

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
I never enter into the Register sorry, besides although I still refer to 'my' MVs they are now all owned by my daughter as of her 18th birthday. I am poor as a church mouse :ahhh:

Poppy will treat those bikes right, I'm certain! Lucky girl. Do you meeet her suitors whilst cleaning a weapon?:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Perhaps we should move it to the discussion session as it is an interesting conversation...or we could lock the thread.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good luck with the sale and stick to your price especially as you say you dont need to sell it.Me personally i prefer the Senna as i loved Ayrton racing,but each to their own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all your comments and support!

You guys all have a valid point here!!!:f4::f4::f4:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts