MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this new issue came up today. After a long freeway ride today when I got off the freeway the bike kept stalling when trying to idle. Starts up just fine and runs fine but wont idle all of a sudden. Need some help guys. The riding season is almost over would like to get this taken care of ASAP

Chris

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Ok Chris, so only at real low rpm right ?
Did you check if your throttle cables have not come undone, at the actual handlebar firstly ?
Check the caps on the throttle balancing tubes, are they in good shape, you might have a slight air leak.
Did you put the same or similar fuel in as usual ?

Could be many things but you'll have to start somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
It could be a simple as Dons suggests, or it is just time for a TPS reset.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the quick response. yes this is only at real low rpm/idle The fuel is the same as usual 93 octane from mobil station. where are the caps on the throttle balancing tubes and for that matter the balancing tubes themselves

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys sorry to start this up again. I just pulled the bike out of the garage, she started up with no problems. Once she gets to operating temp and give her some throttle she will start to sputter and eventually die once i let go of the throttle. Does this still sound like a TPS thing?

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Perhaps.

Have you checked it?

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

Vacuum leak.......
Get the manual for your bike......
The balancing tubes go from the throttle bodies in pairs to each side of the bike.... they should be capped there
If you have all the smog junk the tubes won't be capped and will continue to the 5 way fitting and from there the the fuel pump plate and charcoal canister and then the tank vent

See why you need the manual?

:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Here's what Noel and Dons are talking about...

Check the circled and the colored tubes for air/vacuum leaks.

F4 Evap Can Plumbing.jpg

MV Emissions hose routing.jpg

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

It shouldn't be anything to do with the throttle or cables..... it's on the idle stop screw .....
My vote is air leak......fuel is the same an air leak will slow it down
Not that a TPS reset will hurt
:grin2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey fellas,

So there was a air leak. Looking at the diagram posted by slientservice, the green hose (#19) was not connected to the bottom of the tank. Looking at the diagram all hoses are where they should be. That has been corrected but the same problem is occurring. On the bottom of the tank there is a small peatcock looking valve (with Weber stamped on it) that has nothing connected to it. should something be connected to it? Any help on where to go next is greatly appreciated, PS I didn't do the TPS reset yet. And yes this is a California bike yes it does have the CARB junk .

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hey fellas,

So there was a air leak. Looking at the diagram posted by slientservice, the green hose (#19) was not connected to the bottom of the tank. Looking at the diagram all hoses are where they should be. That has been corrected but the same problem is occurring. On the bottom of the tank there is a small peatcock looking valve (with Weber stamped on it) that has nothing connected to it. should something be connected to it? Any help on where to go next is greatly appreciated, PS I didn't do the TPS reset yet. And yes this is a California bike yes it does have the CARB junk .
No mate, nothing gets connected to that "thing" under the tank.
Why don't you have a look at the fuel tank mod thread in the Tech tip section, all will be revealed. Number #13 - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/137-tech-tips-resources-all-models/107834-all-you-need-know-all-we-know.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts