MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just did a lot of prevent maintenance and also replaced my eprom with a fast by ferraci and now my turn signals all of a sudden don't work, I took the front fairings, air tubes, electric panels off to replace my radiator. I put everything back on then wanted to check the front turn signals, and nothing I thought I put something on wrong or the connection was bad so re-checked everything and still nothing. I then noticed that when I turned the signals on the was no flashing light on my dash so I look at the back and there was no turn signals on there either. I need some help.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Sounds like the relay is out. Unless it is something to do with the eprom. Can you place the old eprom back in and try it? I had this problem recently and I found a small amount of corrosion the relay switch. I unplugged them, cleaned the prongs, and reconnected. Signals worked again. Hope that is all you have to do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I would say it is the connectors on the base plates where the nose cone goes. Try and unwind the bolts slowly and see if they make contact. if you over tighten the front bolts you might have a problem. my 2c

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys think it could actually be the eprom? The relay maybe, I check it. The signals were working fine a few weeks ago before I tore the bike apart and now nothing. I do know that the front ones are a pain to connect with connectors but like I said I got nothing now.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
The chances are you have lost an earth connection ( B wire )

Pull out the wiring diagram, and follow the indicator circuit it through.....

If this helps here's a quick sketch I did to help me understand it...

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I would say it is the connectors on the base plates where the nose cone goes. Try and unwind the bolts slowly and see if they make contact. if you over tighten the front bolts you might have a problem. my 2c
definatly agree with this has happened to me a few times when i have taken the nose cone off

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
definatly agree with this has happened to me a few times when i have taken the nose cone off

He may well have this problem guys but he also is saying he has no rear indicators so there is something else amiss and most likely is an earth connection..

He should also check the fuses,

joe

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The chances are you have lost an earth connection ( B wire )

Pull out the wiring diagram, and follow the indicator circuit it through.....

If this helps here's a quick sketch I did to help me understand it...

Joe
Now that's a cool drawing :) I mean seriously well done.

I agree it must be 'missing' earth also but would still go through the steps others have suggested - I assume (bleeding obvious) fuses have been checked?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Now that's a cool drawing :) I mean seriously well done.

I agree it must be 'missing' earth also but would still go through the steps others have suggested - I assume (bleeding obvious) fuses have been checked?

Oh dear Rob.:smoking: I almost fell off my chair laughing...I ain't gonna get no rewards for it but hey, I can read it so it does the trick...

The problem with wiring diagrams is that all the circuits are drawn at the same time usually and then it becomes very hard to follow and this makes people think it is far more complicated than it actually is.

joe

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
If thats the case Donsy,I bet it's those horrible base plates not making contact.:jsm:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hey guys,

So I just did a lot of prevent maintenance and also replaced my eprom with a fast by ferraci and now my turn signals all of a sudden don't work, I took the front fairings, air tubes, electric panels off to replace my radiator. I put everything back on then wanted to check the front turn signals, and nothing I thought I put something on wrong or the connection was bad so re-checked everything and still nothing. I then noticed that when I turned the signals on the was no flashing light on my dash so I look at the back and there was no turn signals on there either. I need some help.
Your bike is a F4 1000S ?

The ground isn't up front. That is just a schematic sketch .

There could be a break in a wire though..

Follow the "B" color wires and you'll see they join up and eventually ground at the battery and a cpu ground on the frame at the back ( on the 1000s ). B Blue

Do your turn signals light up but not flash ?

Or are they all not illuminating ?

What else isn't working.

It all helps in the detective work.

If you use a voltmeter set to the 20V scale you should be able to trace the +ve 12V from fuse through the switch to the bulb terminals.

Good luck !

joe

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Joe,he took the front fairing off,so me thinking there is a problem with the base plate contacts,you know how they can be a pain.:)

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Joe,he took the front fairing off,so me thinking there is a problem with the base plate contacts,you know how they can be a pain.:)

That's usually the thing Mitchy, you're right. He hasn't got the rears either though.

The circuit is quite simple really ..I'd love to get in there with the old multimeter... :)

I'm strongly considering ditching the base plate contacts and putting in a block connector at the fronts anyway. I'm not too keen on those connects....Too much traffic out there these days to be missing signals..

Joe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts