MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there ever was, or still is, a compatible Ohlins shock for the F4 1000S. My usual dealer says Ohlins only showing the TTX MkII for MY10+ currently.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
TTX36. Go to the Öhlins site for more info.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The main site Ohlins.com lists T36PR1C1S model shock for My08-09, but nothing previous. Anybody got Ohlins on their 05/06 without modification?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Lots of people with Ohlins TTX on the forum, and around the world. Look in the suspension section. Maybe where you're looking is out of stock , so not listing anything.
Have you thought of trying a a Nitron or other brand?
As have been mentioned before, the swing arm and frame is the same from 99-09, so it's not just specific to your model mate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of people with Ohlins TTX on the forum, and around the world. Look in the suspension section. Maybe where you're looking is out of stock , so not listing anything.
Have you thought of trying a a Nitron or other brand?
As have been mentioned before, the swing arm and frame is the same from 99-09, so it's not just specific to your model mate.
Well if the swingarm and frame are the same thru 09 I should be set with the T36PR1C1S. Maybe I will just call OhlinsUSA direct. Only partial to Ohlins because they've worked so well for me in the past. Brand loyalty I guess. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Well if the swingarm and frame are the same thru 09 I should be set with the T36PR1C1S. Maybe I will just call OhlinsUSA direct. Only partial to Ohlins because they've worked so well for me in the past. Brand loyalty I guess. Thanks
Now you're getting there mate. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

·
Super Moderator
7,375 Posts
I can think of three options.

The original CA806 46PRXB, which was the first Ohlins unit for the MV F4 (99 - 09).
The Ohlins TTX36.
And the limited production TTX36.

I suspect that the 46PRXB is no longer made as it would have been superseded by the TTX36. The limited edition TTX36 looks to be available from Gutsy Performance. That looks to be a similar design to the Sachs unit found on the Tamburini & F4CC.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
stop dicking around and call Dan Kyle Racing......World's largest Ohlins dealer

but, given that the Ohlins TTX36 is upside down to the way it should be.......

I'd get the Sachs revalved.....F1 cars use Sachs......only bikes use Ohins

:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
7,375 Posts
Well then, maybe Dan Kyle would like to sponsor the site - like Gutsy Performance do........
I'll see your :naughty: and raise you a :)
Love you, Noel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been back and forth with Ohlins USA today and apparently anything for the 1st gen F4s have been discontinued, although GP does list a TTX F4-Brutale shock. Gonna contact Alex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I talked to Matt Sage from Ohlins USA at Austin MotoGP. he gave me David Behrend at Fast Bike Industries. Said he is they guy to talk to about suspension on our bkes

Lino

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Well then, maybe Dan Kyle would like to sponsor the site - like Gutsy Performance do........
I'll see your :naughty: and raise you a :)
Love you, Noel.
I'll call you Dave......why?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have a TTX on my 07 Brutale 910R and I got it from Dan Kyle(could care less if he is a sponsor on this forum). The shock does mount upside down. Have about 13,000 miles on the shock and it has caused no problem or suffered any damage. It makes the stock Sachs feel pretty poor. The number to Kyle Racing is 866-667-4925. He may even have one in stock and he will spring and valve to your weight and application.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts