MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Personally, I think the F4-1000S is under valued. From my perspective, it is the most desirable of the first gen 1000s. Sure the R, 312, and 1078 were more performance oriented, but the launch of the 1000S cannot be lived down. I think for the time being, the final iterations of the first gen may fetch a little more $$$$$, but long term I think the "S" is where it's at.

With that said, if my S were to hit the market my asking price would be around the $11,000 mark. In 15 years from now, maybe closer to $20,000. Same for the original F4 (750cc).

They really are rare bikes.
It’s really funny how many different opinions I’ve received on this topic. As I stated in the beginning, it’s VERY subjective. It’s always great to hear that someone thinks your bike is worth something, but you also get people who think it’s worth nothing. Time will tell. If it does ever appreciate I may sell and buy myself something newer. For now, I really love my F4 1000S!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Signature Racing

My MV has Ago's signature on the rev counter dial..:grin2: So is it worth more?:nerd2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Signature Racing

Question: Which MV model has Ago's signature on the Rev Counter face?:grin2: From the factory ---

·
Registered
36 Posts
I paid £7500 for my 2004 F4 1000s, it came into my place of work as a p/x so I got it for cost price. There going from anywhere between 8 and 9 thousand pound from what I've seen over here in the UK but there is not many to be had, and seem to be a very rare bike. Every bike meet I attend I'm the only one on an MV at all in most cases let alone it being an F4. I definitely think they are a good investment for the future. I purchased mine to ride not invest but that will be a possible bonus I guess:wink2:. Time will tell, I'm loving the F4, puts a smile on my face every time I ride it and that's the main thing for me regardless of what its worth, the smile/grin I get from it is priceless

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,815 Posts
Question: Which MV model has Ago's signature on the Rev Counter face?:grin2: From the factory ---
The 750 SR has.... it was going to be the original "Ago". Basically the SPR with red/silver and the signature on the meter face. Very rare bike, not even the usual "limited edition" 300 production made.

I do believe the F4 1000 "Ago", which was the first of the 1000s and a "limited production of 300" model, also has it....but I haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep -- Both the SR (of which I own one :) ) and the F4 1000 AGO has the same white dial rev counter with Ago's signature in red- The F4 1000 AGO is a "true" 300 limited edition run, has a big numbered plaque on the triple clamp-

The 750 SR has a small badge, and they are not numbered -- they seem to have been built from the "parts bin" at MV to get rid of the last batch of SPR engines -- no one seems to know how many were made, so far I've managed to find 44 all over the world.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts