MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Proud new owner of a crazy looking, drool inducing Brutale 750 here!

Have to say i fell in love with the bike when i first saw it and later when i test rode it, i immediately decided to buy the it. A week later it was already parked in my garage. I have to say i've been reading the forums a while, looking for potential issues with the bikes and to my pleasure the bikes are quite reliable. I however overlooked one major flaw of the brutale 750, which is the headlight cover. Sadly after 2 days of riding the glass headlight cover has fallen off at a speed of 10kph, shattering the glass on the floor :( .
I've been looking everywhere to find a replacement but with no luck...

Since i'm a newly registered member i'm not allowed to post in the tech section of the forum so i thought i'd ask here where i could find just the headlight cover or a complete headlight for a reasonable price? The MV dealer here in Slovenia gave me a quote for 570,00 EUR. Searching through ebay gave me no better results. I started looking into Brutale 800/675 or any newer model's headlight and was wondering if anyone has managed to fit them to the 750/910? They are more than 200,00 EUR cheaper than the 750's headlight. Is there any aftermarket headlight that'll fit with minor fiddling?
I'm aware i bought an Italian exotic and a 600,00 EUR headlight shouldn't surprise me much, but i'm exploring all available options before i spend that amount on a headlight.

Thanks,

w1ze

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
Oh crap, sorry to hear that w1ze, a shame to join the family and hit that problem.

Regrettably the Brutale Generation 1 headlight is getting harder to source and they are expensive.

1. Search the Marketplace section (MV parts first)
2. You need a Generation 1 headlight for a B4 (but please note, generation 2 headlights can be fitted but wiring needs some tweaking)
3. You could place a WTB in the same section ?

Best of success in sourcing a second hand one one at a fair price.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Tim.

Don't worry, the issue hasn't deterred me from the bike at all. I still love it ;)

So if i'm understanding you correctly the brutale 920's headlight will bolt right on with some wire tweaking? I'm looking at MV's catalog and that light is quite a bit cheaper than the 750's. I'd be a dream if that's the case. Will look around the forums for a spare headlight as well as post in the WTB sections.

Cheers,
w1ze.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome to the family, great bike (I could be biased), many happy miles/km in the future. If I were you I'd take the opportunity to replace it with a later model headlight (the one with the LED DRL).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I have a number of bikes but my 2005 Brutale 750 is my favorite. Just such a great road bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have temporarily fitted an aftermarket headlight which doesn't look half bad until i recieve the original headlight.

Rickyleesurf, is that the headlight off a 920 Brutale or a different model?

Yes i'm really loving the bike so far. It's a real looker, will post some pictures when i come home today ;).

Cheers,
w1ze

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As promissed, here she is!

Have to say at first i wasn't really a fan of the handguards but i think they complete the bike nicely. Maybe down the road i'll get rid of them tho and replace them with barends, but for now it looks fine.

Last picture shows the new headlight and in my opinion it doesn't look half bad, but of course beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so you guys take your pick. Sorry for the poor photo, it was taken the night it was installed.

Anyways, thanks everyone again for helping me out,

cheers,

w1ze

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello MV Agusta family. I am new to this forum and currently looking at buying a 2005 Brutale with 32k km on the clock. Any advice on what to look out for on this 14yr old beauty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ps. For what it’s worth, the aim is to use the Brutale as a commuter...200km/week. My head says a 14yr old MV A is perhaps not the most wise choice, but why not enjoy the commute!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts