MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

can anybody confirm for me whether or not these bars are upside down? I installed them exactly the same way they came off but after looking at them closer they have holes for locator pins for all the controls but none of my controls have the pins in place. I'm thinking the previous owner swapped the left and right bars to bring the controls slightly higher. It would explain why I occasionally have the controls rubbing on the air intake runners

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Very nice! You have the bodyword scheme figured out yet?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
not 100% figured out yet. It is going to be mostly black with red accents I'm just not sure how much red I want to add. The Tamburini is probably my favorite stock colors on the first gen so I will probably pull some design influence from that, I'm just not sure If I want that much red.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I've officially got all of the scratched up or damaged hard parts replaced now. crg is an awesome company btw I ordered these levers wednesday and installed them today.

playing the waiting game for the rest of my parts to show up. hopefully I get bodywork this decade

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This might be a long shot on here but does anybody have any recommendations for a painter in the socal area? preferably San Diego but I would be willing to drive a bit to get all the bodywork painted

·
Vendor
5,530 Posts
I had to put some insulation on my tailpiece with my Bodis pipes,they were disscolouring the paintwork
around the tailight.I would not like the pipes any closer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Its been a while since I've updated this. work and life have kind of gotten in the way. I finally got my carbon bodywork in.

These are from motocomposites and fitment is about what I've come to expect from them.
The mid fairings fit almost spot on, I will have to use a couple spacers and make a couple new fairing mounts to get them to sit where I want them but they're not bad at all
The belly pan is going to take a lot of work to get it to fit right. The front V is too wide and the back sits to far to the right side of the bike. Nothing I cant fix with a heat gun and a dremel

This is pretty much the color scheme I'm going to use, Red uppers with OEM graphics and I'm going to steal the mid fairing graphics off of the 07 1000R. I'm a giant fan of simple designs, too much color or linework and things get to busy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I had to put some insulation on my tailpiece with my Bodis pipes,they were disscolouring the paintwork
around the tailight.I would not like the pipes any closer.
I plan on insulating the tail as well. I really only made my own mounts to get the pipes to sit even and level with each other. the oem mount always had one side that was slightly lower than the other and my OCD was always bugging me about it

Reactions: mitchy

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks amazingly great. You can rescue the stock levers by having some TIG weld built up on the end and then filing/sanding them. Did this before, not really that hard or time consuming to do

Reactions: Figifister

·
Registered
Mv Agusta f4 1000 s 2005 1+1
27 Posts
I'm in the process of a full frame off rebuild of my 2005 F4 and am at the point of reinstalling the chain/sprockets/hub. I did not save my old chain as it had over 20k miles on it and who wants to put a crusty old chain on a brand new rebuild. I know it is a 525 pitch but I don't know how many links I need.
Also I've found a rear 520 sprocket but can't find somebody that has a front listed. Is it worth it to do the conversion or just keep it 525?
I know that you will go through the gears faster, I.E Gear won't last so long

·
Registered
240 Posts
I dont know where you live but......but if you need the emissions sticker that lives under the tail that could be an issue. I ran into this issue trying to register mine in Ca a while ago. It had faded/burned a long time ago. I tried to get a replacement from MV but was told it was a 'restricted item'. I finally got one of the last ones via a third party vendor in Europe. If you search my previous posts from summer 2019, I posted a high res scan of it. A person could download it and make their own decal to hang on the wall as art.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts