MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my rebound was bad in the forks, then realized the head bearings are loose (or something is loose). Tried tightening (had a Ducati tool that worked) but no luck, did not fix it (I had the weight off the front. Looks to me like the looseness is in the outer rings, farther out than the head bearing. Does the 04 Brutale have an adjustable head to adjust rake and trail?

Can that loosen up?

Any ideas?

I'm not into wheelies or abusing the bike, had it for 9 years, looseness started slow last year......

·
Super Moderator
22,085 Posts
Adrian, go to Dosny's website and download the shop manual for your bike. It will tell you if the head geometry is adjustable...I don't think it is.

If there are problems in that area I would be inclined to disassemble the front and see what is happening.

·
Super Moderator
22,085 Posts
Dons...I can't move this thread for some reason. Could you put it in the B4 section?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Sorted chuck, I'm not at home tonight so using my work phone , no way to post links on the topic, there's a few examples in the maintenance section also. And no, not adjustable .

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Bearing carrier outer ring..Tighten to torque figure in manual using the multi pin tool. Its quite tight. Make sure first thst the allen screw through side of frame neck into carrier is located correctly.

Bearings turn center screw until it stops then a further 10 degrees.

If this outer ring is loose your steering will be all over the place.

Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
This will give you an idea of what it looks like removed from the bike.

Another owners image of the OEM bottom bearing.

There's quite a few threads about the conversion to tapered bearings in the maintenance section.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks...

Thanks for the info, I read through the shop manual (on line) and have a plan. Need the tool first........

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
2 options - side by side.

Thanks for the info, I read through the shop manual (on line) and have a plan. Need the tool first........
I found this one somewhere in my photo albums.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts