MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am in the middle of an insurance claim because i had a minor meeting with the road surface as well as my bike. i am fine with the exception of minor road rash and a general hatred for stupid drivers right now. My bike however is not the same. I have some cosmetic damage but the insurance company is dragging their feet because they say "we can't find the price for the parts" my question is what would be the best resource for finding the parts for my bike such as the windshield, mirrors, left side, engine cover, tail piece, left foot peg and the list will go on. I am just wondering where i should go to gather all the information they need so I can get back on the road. If a list exists i will show them. thanks a million for any advice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theknurl

Awesome! Thanks for that. I will send it to them. I ran across that site earlier in my search before asking for help but the issue was that they/we do not have the part numbers. Now to just find the right manual for my baby. I called an MV dealer to ask if I could get a list and they said they would look in to it but I will be charged for their help in locating the part numbers. I don't really have an issue with that if it comes down to it because I will try to make the insurance company pay for it but that did not give me a warm and fuzzy about them, but hey time is money i guess. Thanks again for the quick reply.

hook

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just had another thought. The damage is all cosmetic except for the engine cover meaning that I should be able to use an SPR or similar parts list for the body correct? The only difference is the 750 motor i believe. Thanks again.

The wife found this site for me http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/f4/f4_750/oem are we possibly on the right track do you think? it just says 750, no year or anything but it looks like what i might need.

another interesting site is http://www.e-securedsite.com/gutsyperformance/myProducts.cfm?CategoryID=40|MV Agusta Store

thanks

hook

·
Registered
814 Posts
pretty sure that even the engine covers will be the same as any other pre 2010 f4 mate. Bodywork at least will be the same, perhaps with a different sticker though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kieran323

That helps a lot thanks. I let the insurance company that rhymes with feico (not to dime anyone out) know that and sent them the link to the first site that I posted above that the wife found and they said as long as I convert the prices from euros to dollars we should be good but i will wait and see. if anyone else has any more ammo I can take to the table when I talk to them, i am all ears since they clearly don't understand the passion we have for riding. Thanks again for all help received.

hook

oh and the wife said since she found it she thinks I should get a double seat to let her ride and I told her to get her own bike lol. we will see if that works in my favor or not. thanks again.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Isn't the parts manual on Donsy's site?? I have the parts manual for all 750 F4s, but it would be hard for me to digitize it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't the parts manual on Donsy's site?? I have the parts manual for all 750 F4s, but it would be hard for me to digitize it.
I ordered the book that knurl sent in the ebay link. I wonder if I can find a hand scanner or something to put the book in PDF format. I will look into it after the bike is fixed...priorities :naughty: Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
pdf manuals?

Ed;
the pdf files are probably on Donsy's site

in a workshop pdf file manuals/parts lists are as useless as tits on a boar

with a hard copy you can see the picture and the list page at the same time

and you can flip 40-50 pages over to see another view by bookmarking it with a piece of paper and then right back

i add;
>bearing numbers
>O-ring sizes and McMaster part#s
>bolt lengths and torques
>wiring color codes, (they usually change at plugs, like the fuel pump plug:wtf:)
>number of teeth on gears (MV's drawing suck bigtime)

in the shop i turn pages with a pencil eraser so i don't get the manual greasy

just way easier for me...... old fashioned hard copies:drummer:

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Yeah...I like hard copies too....but hard to share with people far away.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Ed;
the pdf files are probably on Donsy's site

in a workshop pdf file manuals/parts lists are as useless as tits on a boar
Are you serious, oh yes, that's how you tune your Microtec too. :stickpoke.

I print the pages I need, and laminate them, I don't need the full 400+ pages.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
pdf?

Are you serious, oh yes, that's how you tune your Microtec too. :stickpoke.

I print the pages I need, and laminate them, I don't need the full 400+ pages.
yes, Donsy.......pdf files suck hind tit

if my Leicas sell i'll have a Pectel SQ6M on my F4.....oh, i already have the full harness pinout from Marc the electronics guy/racer to run real full EFI, Mega Squirt(his Aprilia is the World's Fastest Twin at the Texas mile)

here's some info on the Pectel......

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Pectel+SQ6M&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

well, imagine that, the 1st 2 links are to RBRacing, my friend of 42 years Bob

Bob has been making ECUs for ~30 years......with his soft ware, they write their own basic maps in just a few minutes....without a dyno

does a MicroTec do that?:stickpoke

and it doesn't even reference MAP?????:wtf:

when my F4 is on the road will it have the stock TBs, ECU or a MicroTec?????

are you kidding??????

oh, Chris's M226 MicroTec is 100% better than stock or the race ECU

Lee's Green Monster got 70 MPG with carbs

my Brutale gets 19/38 city/highway

progress:)

PS; don't have the money for a new PC and a Mac desktop won't cut it......maybe Kevin can clone my PC hard drive and install a new one, we'll see

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
hhhmm

yes, Donsy.......pdf files suck hind tit

if my Leicas sell i'll have a Pectel SQ6M on my F4.....oh, i already have the full harness pinout from Marc the electronics guy/racer to run real full EFI, Mega Squirt(his Aprilia is the World's Fastest Twin at the Texas mile)

here's some info on the Pectel......

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Pectel+SQ6M&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

well, imagine that, the 1st 2 links are to RBRacing, my friend of 42 years Bob

Bob has been making ECUs for ~30 years......with his soft ware, they write their own basic maps in just a few minutes....without a dyno

does a MicroTec do that?:stickpoke

and it doesn't even reference MAP?????:wtf:

when my F4 is on the road will it have the stock TBs, ECU or a MicroTec?????

are you kidding??????

oh, Chris's M226 MicroTec is 100% better than stock or the race ECU

Lee's Green Monster got 70 MPG with carbs

my Brutale gets 19/38 city/highway

progress:)

PS; don't have the money for a new PC and a Mac desktop won't cut it......maybe Kevin can clone my PC hard drive and install a new one, we'll see
I think you missed the point, I think pdf files suck for you, not everybody else.
More than 300 people have downloaded manuals from the site, from all over the world, I'm happy with that.

And guess what, you can take the pdf file to a Stationary company and have them make you a hard copy in whatever style you need, for under $40 over here in Aus.

The nice thing about the pdf files, is that you can look before you buy, just to make sure it's the right thing and it's free.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
I think you missed the point, I think pdf files suck for you, not everybody else.
More than 300 people have downloaded manuals from the site, from all over the world, I'm happy with that.

And guess what, you can take the pdf file to a Stationary company and have them make you a hard copy in whatever style you need, for under $40 over here in Aus.

The nice thing about the pdf files, is that you can look before you buy, just to make sure it's the right thing and it's free.
well, Donsy, downloading a pdf to a disc or flashdrive and riding to the Stationary Store to have it printed and bound for <$40 takes way more time, effort and money, than hookfish spent buying a hard copy on line
its coming to his door, bound for $19 including shipping

i'm glad you put them up there for everyone .......but i have no use for them

thank you anyway

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
:piss::piss::piss::piss::piss::piss: ended?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts