MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2004 750 since 2005, no engine or exhaust mods.

It's always ran rich enough to make me and my riding gear smell like exhaust. I think this is normal for these bikes from what I've read.

Anyone have suggestions for a fix?

I'm considering a decat pipe (not that that would help the fueling-although bellissimoto sells a mid pipe/eprom combo) but have never really had a problem with the way the bike drives.

Ideas?

Adrian

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like the power commander or bazzaz is not made for the 750.

I saw some threads about microtec but not for the 750.....

·
Super Moderator
22,712 Posts
Contact Adam, @merc07, he'll sort you out with an eProm

·
Administrator
20,544 Posts
There is a Microtec for the 750.... I have one on my SPR. It completely transformed the bike.

One of the dilemmas with the 1.6M ECU equipped MVs (yours) is the paired injector firing. Just like wasted ignition spark on paired coils (common on many 4 cylinder bikes) the MV has wasted injector spray with paired injectors.

The M232 Microtec I got from X-Bikes changes this to true sequential injection. Much better fueling, better fuel mileage and no more stink.

That said, Adam's eprom is a vast improvement at a lesser cost.

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses, I've PMed a couple of you. How much did the microtec solutions set you back?

·
Administrator
20,544 Posts
I paid X-Bikes around US$1500 for a compete set-up with auto-tune......exchange rates may have changed. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a Microtec installed on my Brutale 750S - a world of difference. This along with the arrow de-cat pipe, an air filter and removed airbag snorkels. All set up by Chris, spot on.

·
Administrator
20,544 Posts
@Bexar80 First of all..that company you mentioned is not in business...and if they are they shouldn't be. Adam is the 1.6M chip wizard. You can't go wrong there.

Reactions: Bexar80

·
Super Moderator
22,712 Posts
I too am getting tired of the stench and poor mileage. How does Adam's eprom compare to ****** for the Brutale?
I edited your post to remove the reference to Those Who Shall Not Be Mentioned.

That company has stolen from many and is now out of business....

Use Adam.

·
Registered
86 Posts
@Bexar80 First of all..that company you mentioned is not in business...and if they are they shouldn't be. Adam is the 1.6M chip wizard. You can't go wrong there.
I edited your post to remove the reference to Those Who Shall Not Be Mentioned.

That company has stolen from many and is now out of business....

Use Adam.
I was unaware they were unscrupulous and shuttered. Adam it is then! :brutale:

·
Registered
14,621 Posts
?

One of the dilemmas with the 1.6M ECU equipped MVs (yours) is the paired injector firing. Just like wasted ignition spark on paired coils (common on many 4 cylinder bikes) the MV has wasted injector spray with paired injectors.
It's not a "wasted spray"......
The 2 squirts are 1/2 the size of the sequential squirt......and at low engine speeds you get better atomization of
The fuel because of intake tract heat vaporizing the "wasted spray"
Should get better mileage and power too
Using an Alpha/N already shoots you in the foot......

Go on YouTube and search "Smokey Yunick Pontiac Fiero">:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts