MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Looking at cherry 04 brutale 750 4. I understand there is an ad on map device that can change the dead fueling to one cyl, that changes it to sequential port fuel injection that stops the non sparking cyl from getting gas. Where can this be found, and will it make bike run better, better mpg and no more gas smell? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
21,458 Posts
You want to look up member @merc07. He can create an eProm for your bike.

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
Looking at cherry 04 brutale 750 4. I understand there is an ad on map device that can change the dead fueling to one cyl, that changes it to sequential port fuel injection that stops the non sparking cyl from getting gas. Where can this be found, and will it make bike run better, better mpg and no more gas smell? Thanks ahead of time.
You are talking about a Microtec ECU kit, available from Chris at X-Bikes in the UK... It WILL transform the bike....but a bit pricey (worth it in my opinion).

Otherwise, Adam (Merc07) can supply a chip that will make a lot of improvement...but it can't eliminate the paired injection firing of the 1.6M ecu.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
esq'z me, You speak of the 1.6M ECU. The bike has the newer black box/back ECU, as the original (blue back) fried it's self. Is the new ECU still a 1.6M? And does the Microtec eliminate the paired injection issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
esq'z me, You speak of the 1.6M ECU. The bike has the newer black box/back ECU, as the original (blue back) fried it's self. Is the new ECU still a 1.6M? And does the Microtec eliminate the paired injection issue? Thanks.
Your black backed, instead of blue backed, Box is the SPU (Service Power Unit) and not the ECU.
The ECU is the Aluminium Lump sitting on top of the AirBox, and yeah its a Magneti Marelli 1.6M.

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
Your black backed, instead of blue backed, Box is the SPU (Service Power Unit) and not the ECU.
The ECU is the Aluminium Lump sitting on top of the AirBox, and yeah its a Magneti Marelli 1.6M.
As Ralf explained, The SPU is the fuse box/relay assembly, not the "Engine Control Unit"....

Yes, the M232 Microtec, with a wiring loom adapter to connect it up and a few other bits like a Manifold Pressure Sensor, will convert your bike to sequential injection.. X-Bikes supplies the complete kit.

I have one on my F4 750 SPR and it literally transformed the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts