MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone have access or know of a recommended suspension setting for this bike? I hear that a lot of motorcycle magazines, especially the european ones will post them as part of their test rides.
I could not find anything in Sportrider, Motorcyclist, or Cycle World here in the USA. Thanks in advance! :smoking:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kamranmarashi said:
I saw that thread but it wasn't much help to me. I was looking for specific settings from someone who test drove the bike on the road and a track, and then made it available to the riding community somehow, or someone who saw it published somewhere.
Thanks anyway. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
MarcoM3 said:
I saw that thread but it wasn't much help to me. I was looking for specific settings from someone who test drove the bike on the road and a track, and then made it available to the riding community somehow, or someone who saw it published somewhere.
Thanks anyway. :)
Yup... but if you pay attention, you'll see that there are no such things as a set universal guidelines. Each rider's body and gear vary in size and weight, center of mass location, way of sitting on the bike (i.e. forward or aft), inseam length...etc,etc...so the only real way of doing it right is either get a friend for help and go through the process of it for the sake of saving yourself $40, or have your local shop set it up for you (while you sit on it with your gear and helmet in your standard riding position) for mere $40... :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
From Peter on Yahoo:

RACETRACK SETTING:
fork: preload = 3.5 rings visible
rebound = 2 clicks open (means, close screw completely and then turn 2 clicks to the left) (*note I run 2-4 open depending)
compression = 2 clicks open (*note I run 2-4 open depending)
static sag = +-25mm

rear: rebound = 6 clicks open (*note I run 4-6 open depending)
compression = 6 clicks open (*note I run 4-6 open depending)
height = 195mm
static sag = 20mm

I run nearly this but have my rear ride height at about 23mm between adjusters as a reference rather than total height. You could probably close down the rear more than just 4 open, especially compression, depending on your feel and preferences.

Sag accounts for different weights but the above are potential starting points for Track and VERY aggressive smooth twisties riding. Keep in mind this is not a forgiving setup :later:

Use the zip tie on front to confirm. No lower than 1-1.5cm from fork bottom on the slider.

If you don't understand what these changes do I highly suggest reading up before creating a monster. Sportrider's tips are a great start and troubleshooting list

Read all these sections:
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp/

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JamesC said:
From Peter on Yahoo:

RACETRACK SETTING:
fork: preload = 3.5 rings visible
rebound = 2 clicks open (means, close screw completely and then turn 2 clicks to the left) (*note I run 2-4 open depending)
compression = 2 clicks open (*note I run 2-4 open depending)
static sag = +-25mm

rear: rebound = 6 clicks open (*note I run 4-6 open depending)
compression = 6 clicks open (*note I run 4-6 open depending)
height = 195mm
static sag = 20mm

I run nearly this but have my rear ride height at about 23mm between adjusters as a reference rather than total height. You could probably close down the rear more than just 4 open, especially compression, depending on your feel and preferences.

Sag accounts for different weights but the above are potential starting points for Track and VERY aggressive smooth twisties riding. Keep in mind this is not a forgiving setup :later:

Use the zip tie on front to confirm. No lower than 1-1.5cm from fork bottom on the slider.

If you don't understand what these changes do I highly suggest reading up before creating a monster. Sportrider's tips are a great start and troubleshooting list

Read all these sections:
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp/
Thanks, JamesC. This is what I was hoping to get. I wanted to start with a decent baseline (not the factory-set settings, because they suck). I will then adjust to my riding style and weight. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts