MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy an 02 senna with 5,000 miles. Can anyone out there tell me about any problems that I might expect? Phil, I'm sure you will have something smart to say :stickpoke

·
Registered
118 Posts
F4 750 Senna

I have a 2002 F4 Senna 750 #69/300 and recently did a major service at 4600 mi. I bought it with 4000 miles on the clock and had no solid idea how the PO cared for the bike.

I'm going to buy Mitchy, Noel, Donsy, gotojoe, MVArt and many others on here a pizza when I see them. This forum has been a great benefit for a new MV owner.

Here is what I did. Maybe this will help you.

It all started with wellnuts... mine were shot and ready to fall into the airbox and worse. Installed rivnuts.
Installed a new hub -( thanks Mitchy - a beautiful replacement part you have created) Pure intuition that mine was going, I bought Mitchy's when I did because it was the same number as my Senna - 69. No external/riding symptoms but when I took it off, the OEM hub was a real mess.

-the Senna has aluminum cooling lines so no need to replace them just flushed everything.
-the tank is stainless so immune to chemical mis-shapening
-replaced the brake and clutch fluid.
-checked and replaced old and suspect fuel lines,
-fuel filters,
-oil and air filter,
-changed oil,
-checked plugs,
-vacuum lines,
-checked and tightened intake clamps
-lubed the throttle cable
-new battery

One thing sounded too difficult for my inexperience- was to swap out the plastic fittings in the fuel pump mount plate for metal. The old ones broke as I pulled the tank so I replaced them with new plastic ones. I'll keep an eye on them and may replace with metal if I do anything else over the winter.

Most things were in pretty good shape except the wellnuts, the hub, and the plugs.

It ran like a thing possessed when I bought it. I'm completely pleased with this bike. Ridiculously fast and too much fun!

sry so long-winded :blah:

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
and GOOD LOOKING too....you left that part out....

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
good work!

mondrian5;
you don't need to replace the tank fittings.....

you should replace the male ones on the fuel line get the metal ones from Alex at Gutsy Performance, a Forum sponsor :drummer:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice indeed :mouthwate Unfortunately, the deal fell through. Turns out it was a fraudulent post. At least I didn't lose any money. It was through a company called egoldenclub consignors. I researched them and they seemed legit. But then, I found the bike that was listed in a post from two years back with the same mileage as the one that was offered. Even the pictures were the same :wtf: My search continues.

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
Jon;
get yourself some Clic-R pliers off Ebay

use the search "cost + shipping lowest price 1st" option

should be ~$17:drummer:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Expect This...

Looking to buy an 02 senna with 5,000 miles. Can anyone out there tell me about any problems that I might expect? Phil, I'm sure you will have something smart to say :stickpoke
What should you expect? Expect the shipping company to damage it during its 1 month cross country drive from California to South Carolina. Expect to blow the diode and 3.5 amp fuse upon your first ride, causing you to break down 2 miles from your house. Expect the towing company to strap the bike down reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaal gooooooooooooood only to have it fall over on its side causing a bit more cosmetic damage. Expect to stay up all night reading and communicating with the amazing people from all over the planet on this forum as they help you with all of your unexpected issues.

I'm sure you will be much more fortunate than I was. She is an amazing motorcycle. Goto her...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts