MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I just acquired this motorcycle and I was wondering what type and brand of oil I should use when I change it and how much I need to put in.

Cheers

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Well Well...another "OIL THREAD".... :drummer:

There are more than a few oil discussions to be read via a search, but I'll give you my penny's worth:

I use the factory recommended ENI (used to be AGIP) 10-60 Full Synthetic race oil.
You can buy it from the US distributor in cases of 12 for a decent price.

Others use all sorts of oils from Amsol to Motul to Rock Oil (?? we don't have that in the US).

There are as many differing opinions as you want on the merits of each.

I change my oil and filter every 3500 miles...about the same time as the tires :ahhh:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Since its a new bike to you always double check and verify the muffler bearings have been replaced if wore out least one lets go and shards get sucked back into the motor.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Owners manual suggests Agip Racing 4T which is what I use in mine. Lots of other options available however that many like better.

You can track the Agip down on Amazon but Alex at GP Racing stocks it as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Mine didn't come with an owners manual which is why I asked. And I'm new to forums and didn't realize I could search for stuff on here.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Thanks for the help. Mine didn't come with an owners manual which is why I asked. And I'm new to forums and didn't realize I could search for stuff on here.
Welcome mate.
Download the workshop manuals from the site provided, there's a bit in there to help you get on with your bike and it's service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts