MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repairing (making safe) a 2002 F4 that I got for Cindy. As I was getting ready to pop in a Mitchy Hub, I notice the rear sprocket is hooked and should be replaced. From what I can find, the '02 750 had a 15 tooth front, a 43 tooth rear and a 108 link 520 pitch chain.

I want to replace the chain and both sprockets and the cush rubbers. The trouble is that the tooth count on the current rear sprocket is 40.

Can anyone confirm the correct tooth count front and rear as well as the chain pitch an link count?

The manuals on Donsy's site do not cover this information for the 2002 F4 750 S EVO 3.

Thanking all you keepers of information in advance!

C:smoking:

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
What does the parts catalog say? Cindy would probably prefer the 43 for easier low speed. No way you can use the top speed with the 40 anywhere but a track.....I'll look tomorrow for you if you haven't got the answer yet.

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
?

the parts book lists 37 through 40 tooth rears for EVO 2&3

totally stupid......run 15x43 Brutale gearing and a long chain.....helps keep the front end down

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The 750 S is listed in all the more recent manuals I got from Ralph as 14-41. But does not say if this is EVO 1,2 or 3 Chuck. I'll keep looking.
I sent you an email.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning friends!
I looked at the manuals that are available and I was surprised. The only user manual, which usually lists those things, is the SPR manual and that bike came with options for sprockets...and it doesn't list chain pitch.
I then went to site sponsor Sprocket Center, and they list the 520 chain at 110 links, a 14 tooth front and a 43 tooth rear.
The help is much appreciated as I want to have this bike at BubV.

(Dons, I didn't receive an email...yet)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The EV0 3 owners and maintenance manual says on page 147 front 15 and rear 40 teeth.
The SPR has a totally different gearing and rear sprockets supplied from 37 to 39.
The earlier 750S had 14 and 41.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ralph...thanks for that!
(Got a spare EVO 3 manual lying around?)

Chuck

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...of course, now I'm going to need a source for that combo....

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
Update to the quick change rear.....once the carrier cost is done the gear wheels will be much less costly and available......careful on the front, there was a spacing change somewhere along the way.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am considering an AEM rear, but a stock front.

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
750s came with 40s

SPRs, AGOs and Sennas came with 37,38 and 39

(page C01 of the parts manual # 80009857)

going from 15 to 14 is 6.6%

an SPR is 10% taller in 1st and 10% shorter in 6th

if a 1000s won't pull 15x40 2.666

how will a 750 pull 14x37 2.643 or 15x37 2.467......never happen

I have an SPR gear box in my 1000s.....I'll probably use 6th out of the

stock box as over drive.......might go to 41 too

its just a toy :naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, it's beginning to sound like I should go with a QC rear using a 40 tooth sprocket and a 15 tooth front.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
on my evo2, I'm running a 15front and a 40 rear. thats the stock setup. i also bought a QC carrier and have a 42 rear for more acceleration. haven't used it yet though. i remember wondering if i could use the QC carrier/sprockets from the 1000, but I can't remember why i didn't.

i bought it from here

http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV-AGUSTA/F4-750-1078/SPROCKETS/

takes a while to arrive from germany, but its the best looking kit i could find…a bit pricier though.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I beleive the only consideration is the spacer used between the carrier and the hub...

·
Registered
247 Posts
The front sprocket on the Evo2 is different to that of the Evo 3 engine.
I found this when I swopped the motor from Evo 2 to SPR motor

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I am repairing (making safe) a 2002 F4 that I got for Cindy. :smoking:
OK Chuck. I think the ruse is over. We now know for whom the EVO3 was acquired. :naughty: :stickpoke

Never did get a chance to ask you how well it did on the track.

Thank goodness Curtis didn't ride it. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually never took it for a ride on the track. The position of the rear sets and the state of my physical being conspired to make it impossible for me to get on that bike in my track gear. Those who did get a chance to ride it in anger on the track...including Randy...liked it a lot. I think Paul wanted to take it home by the end of the day.

Curtis was offered to ride it after he turned the 748 from a water cooled bike to an air cooled bike...I actually don't remember if he did ride it.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, and the bike purchase was dual purpose from the start.:naughty: Cindy expressed an interest in a smaller F4:f4: and I, naturally, capitulated.:angel: If she doesn't take to the riding style:popcorn:, it will become my track bike.:baddeal:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just as word of caution from my own experience on the EVO 3 lump, the front sprocket is offset by a few mm, do not buy a straight/flat sprocket offered by after market traders as your chain will snap, shatter your gearbox casing and make a bloody mess of your swinger. A lot of expense for a £15 sprocket!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts