MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am sorry for putting you in the wrong direction, i did that one time to check if all injectors were squirting (wide open throttle) but indeed you won't be able to see if the injection timing matches.
I do think you should verify if the injectors are wired correctly. You can pull all injector connectors (number them with tape) off, pull the ecu connector off (ECU pin 5 and 22 are the injectors pins, see manual). Get a multimeter set it to resistance (Ohm) or the buzzer function if it has it. Cyl 1+4 should be connected to pin 22. Cyl 2+3 should be connected to pin 5. And offcourse injector cyl 1 should be connected to cyl 4 and 2 to 3. (This is all based on the Brutale manual but it should be the same for an F4 with this ECU.)
Robbedoes,

Thanks very much for your input, I had a look through my manual but couldn't find much on this subject, so I took off the ECU plug and you were 100% correct about the leads.

Here are a couple of pics, I hope it explains this for anyone else that's not sure about their leads.

My findings are for F4 750 2001, so other models of that era might change.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Robbedoes,

Thanks very much for your input, I had a look through my manual but couldn't find much on this subject, so I took off the ECU plug and you were 100% correct about the leads.
Great! Glad you got it sorted. If ever needed you can also use this method to check the ignition coil wiring.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Right that's my injectors back from being serviced, fitted them and took the bike for a short run.

Findings are, idling is more smooth and probably give or take 100 rpm higher, which is the correct idling speed now.

There is still a flat spot low down but instead of from 3000rpm ish to 6000rpm its more like a dip at 3000-4500rpm (probably back to normal fuelling) clears its self after 4500rpm then takes off after 6000rpm.

I have sil moto exhausts so that will magnify any bad points in the mid range anyway.

The company I used was injectortune in the uk. I have no affiliation with this company I just picked them randomly off the internet. They cleaned the injectors and replaced the filters and o rings, with a printout of before and after graphs.

3 injectors were not passing the maximum amount of fuel.

Thanks for the tips and help on this from other forum members.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts