MV Agusta Forum banner

2001 F4 - Identifying parts

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jammyhl 
#1 ·
Guys,

I've just nabbed an 01 F4 with various extras on it. I'm trying to work out whats original and whats been added. On this bike I have 5 spoke wheels which are gold with aluminium rims, marked as Brembo Marchinisi (?). I also have a gold colored swing arm. What pics I've seen show both items as dark colored on an original bike so are these factory fitted or after market upgrades?

My exhausts also have blue tips. The bike does have a PowerCommander fitted too.

Any help most welcome. Couple pics included..

James

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on the bike.

Without being offensive, 90% chance that a bike has been crash would be a repainted swingarm, wheels, different colour fairing and polish bits and pieces.

10% chance is that previous owner was bored with the stock colours.

A 2000/2001 model bike comes standard with anodised dark brown tips, and non polish pipes. Usually you would colour the tips when you got and start gutting out the stock mufflers.

The orginal kick/heel plates are not polished and the swing arm is a grey colour. Wheels are also dark grey colour without any clear coat.
Rear hugger are aftermarket items as well as the crash nobs.

The side farings panels should be silver not red. I notice that the red panels LOOKS different to the duck tail red?

Wheels are made by Brembo. Personally I would take the Brembo Marchinisi stickers off, as this cheapens the bike.

The front guard should be made of black plastic.

Power commander is not stock.

If shes tidy and rocks your boat, enjoy her, and ride it like you stole her.hahaha

Again congratulations.

#3 ·
Cheers - and well spotted on colours. I have one set of track day fairings and one set of originals in silver. Arm is NOT painted. Wheels have no sticker just Brembo Marchinishi molded into the backs of the spokes. Will get part no's later and try and track down on the web.

Should have her on the road this weekend. Be interesting to see how compares to my old 996S and my girlfriends R6. Can't believe will be anything but FUN!

#8 ·
Hold the posts! I'll get you some part numbers tomorrow night.The cans have MV stamped on them, the wheels have Brembo Marchinisi stamped on the spokes with the part number, and the swingarm has a part number stamped on it. Trouble is I left all the details in the garage and I can't be bothered to fetch 'em now.

More later and thanks for all the replies. Good to see some forums can actually be useful.. btw - you can start guessing what I paid for the bike too if ya like...

#9 ·
jammyhl said:
Hold the posts! I'll get you some part numbers tomorrow night.The cans have MV stamped on them, the wheels have Brembo Marchinisi stamped on the spokes with the part number, and the swingarm has a part number stamped on it. Trouble is I left all the details in the garage and I can't be bothered to fetch 'em now.

More later and thanks for all the replies. Good to see some forums can actually be useful.. btw - you can start guessing what I paid for the bike too if ya like...
I didn't want to be rude and ask, but if you don't mind sharing that info...

CAG

#10 ·
solo said:
the swing arm may not be painted...that could be the magnesium swing arm...looks like the rims are too.
The wheels are by no means magnesium. The magnesium wheels have 2 holes, while the regular ones have only one hole in each spoke.

Check the difference between the rear wheels.

Attachments

#11 ·
If anyone was interested the previous owner finally sent me a pile of invoices and I can now confirm that the wheels were just polished and painted by Powerhouse in the UK in 2003 along with clutch cover, timing cover, gear lever, rear brake lever, heel guards and spk(?) cover. Also in '02 the owner visited Casoli and had fitted high screen, blue fuel cap, blue rear carrier, carbon airtube covers, reworked blue end exhausts, eprom, carbon key guard, carbon rear hugger, and a gold race chain.

I'll put proper photos in the registry some time soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.