MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a custom Agusta a while back and I had to put it on a trickle charge. The bike runs great except the speedo has decided to not work anymore... I have determined if it is a wire issue yet due to the custom work but I've had it for 6 months with no problem... any suggestions or where I coukd order a new one?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
If you insist on a new one, and you're sure it's the speedo and not a blown fuse or wiring problem, then have a look in this section, http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35 , Star Twin does great work with OEM parts.

If you're happy to use a second hand one, ask if someone has one for sale in the "For Sale" section.

I would try and find the fault first, and open to the speedo to see if you can find anything repairable in there.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
I have a new speedo...I also have another option just the instrument and no outer casing ( I sold that to a guy who had ruined his with brake fluid ).

Only thing is..I'm not convinced the fault is the instrument. We don't hear of them breaking too often...Check the wiring ...especially the plug..sometimes they get pulled tight and theat does them no good at all.

Be a shame to buy an instrument and then find you have the same issue.

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts