MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I would go so far that there is not much Nissan in this GTR.
The competition seamed to loose mostly by shifting their manual gear boxes.
During the Nissan seam to have almost a seamless gearbox.
And than I had to drive a few Nissan in my live and must admit they are not only mans arse ugly but also their appeal inside is pretty much the cheapest I ever saw.
But hats off, they put a lot of effort into it.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
....... I had to drive a few Nissan in my live and must admit they are not only mans arse ugly.......
.....and there you go. :smoking: Where have I heard that before? "Man's Arse Ugly" and "Ugly as a Man's Ass"......:)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
sheesh - amazing technology! I went to Santa Pod this in the UK, its a well known Drag Strip and hosts the European Top Fuel Finals each year.
It is absolutely phenominal to watch and hear. Before going i was intent on trying to not cover my ears like a girl! That idea didnt last long:jsm:. When you get two top fuel dragsters on 100% throttle for quarter of a mile, its hard to explain the feeling. It starts in your guts as they leave the line and its then a full body barrage! Even your eyes Sting from the methanol.:ahhh:
As with most motorsports, all quality of noise is lost on TV, and with drag racing, for me, thats over 50% of the excitement.:yo:

I look forward to it each year and can recommend anyone to go, even if its just once, it really is a spectacle.

Just think what those pistons must go through....:jsm:

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Fast ?

RC....

my friend, mentor, and God daughter's Grandfather

ALL MANUALLY CONTROLLED......no electronics allowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59WtrQaXmn4

afterward he says "I think I tightened the lockup on the clutch too much....."

yes........8,000HP can bite your ass

his son Jr's bike I built and made a pass down the next block from my house :naughty::naughty:.......yup wheelie bar and all :jsm:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ks1nvgWvSfA/hqdefault.jpg

NHRA National Record holder for 13 years

:drummer:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would go so far that there is not much Nissan in this GTR.
The competition seamed to loose mostly by shifting their manual gear boxes.
During the Nissan seam to have almost a seamless gearbox.
And than I had to drive a few Nissan in my live and must admit they are not only mans arse ugly but also their appeal inside is pretty much the cheapest I ever saw.
But hats off, they put a lot of effort into it.
The GTR is the only Nissan I could stand to own. They are still not attractive but they are an incredible piece of technology and silly fast. The interiors arent bad either.

But I concur on the rest of the line, I had a lot of rental cars from them. Depressing on the inside and the out.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've got a friend with a couple of those, his are only 1000hp though.

I like the proportions as a racecar, but I've never been too keen on them otherwise.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I've got a friend with a couple of those, his are only 1000hp though.

I like the proportions as a racecar, but I've never been too keen on them otherwise.
You're just looking at the wrong end of the car Al. :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Yeah, as fast as that GT-R is, I don't know anyone who would take it over a Lambo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts