MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend selling his 2000 MV F4 with 2200 miles and very clean. However, I'm telling him he wants too much $$$ for it and it's not going to move.

He's asking 12,500 USD. Granted the bike is very clean, never down, etc. Please give me you opinion on what this bike might sell for and maybe I can convince him.

The bike is located in Oregon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
$10k is more like it. Or less. 2000 models had some issues and made the least power of all 750s.

If it's a museum piece, then the sky's the limit. But with 2200 miles, it's not going to be.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just bought one for $9K in Manhattan w/rg3 exhaust and some carbon touches. I got a good deal though.

Honestly, there aren't a lot of F4's out there, so prices will vary.

·
Registered
338 Posts
acruhl said:
$10k is more like it. Or less. 2000 models had some issues and made the least power of all 750s.

If it's a museum piece, then the sky's the limit. But with 2200 miles, it's not going to be.
Sky's the limit?? Well, maybe if you have absolutely no knowledge of the market. Regardless of mileage there's nothing collectable about a standard 2000 750. However, along with the MY the mileage and condition will determine the market value. I agree with acruhl's estimate of 10K. A dealer would probably ask approx. 12K+.

·
Registered
35 Posts
there is one here in MA w/ a few small scratches. dropped a 1/2inch w/3kmiles going for 9.9.
Dealer said if he waited with the damage, next summer it could go for 11.5...
just what i've seen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$10k sounds about right. I have a 2000 F4 that I picked up this year on eBay. It had 8500 miles on it but it also had about $6000 worth of MV Agusta Special Parts upgrades. I paid $12,500.
Kent

·
Registered
338 Posts
redmands said:
there is one here in MA w/ a few small scratches. dropped a 1/2inch w/3kmiles going for 9.9.
Dealer said if he waited with the damage, next summer it could go for 11.5...
just what i've seen.
Ah, huh....And if he waits another two years it will go for 15.5. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am at over 6000 miles on my 2000 F4 and no above mentioned "issues"....what cha talking about Willis????? Also, unless your last name is Hayden, you are running for the big check in the podium, and are measured in fractions of a second, the small differences in power make no difference to the average person...some people just crack me up...easy there roadracers.... :hand:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my 2000 mv in 05 paid 10k. Which at the time i thought was a great deal. When i picked it up a guy offered me 12,500 for it, I didn't take it. Still have the bike and think its still worth close to 10k. I also leave in Oregon. Motocorsa wants 15k for the 03 f4. With the low miles i would say it got to be worth around 10k.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'd have to agree with b42day , a mint condition Y2K F4 with such low miles is worth over 11k. However, value as we know is very subjective. When I put my 2000 on the market I was hoping to get around 11k, when in fact I settled for 10k because of my motivation and the mileage I had on the bike. I think if he get's 11.5 for it, he should take it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I have been slowed up with a back problem and in and out of Dr.s', etc.

I know the owner, Dan Ginther, will not be back in town until next Monday, 9/11. I will forward your inquiry on to him and get some pictures for you.

His e-mail is [email protected] and he lives in Southern Oregon, outside Grants Pass, Or.

Later,
steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts