MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a used 2000 F4 750! Can any present owners please give me pointers out to what to inspect for before purchasing? It has 2,912 miles exactly everything is perfect only noticeble used part is tires, sold by private party and is here fairly close to me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2000 version F4 750

Check if the modifications have been performed:

Camshafts (make sure the bolts holding the camshaftsprocket have been renewed when assembled again!)
Front brakes
Extra radiator
Drainage holes in electric wiring

With the serialnumber on the frame you can call the importer, he can check if this F4 has been updated, if not you can get it done for free. Check with your importer.

John

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!!!

thank you guys for all ur help just found out that the 600 mile service was done in monterey the mv agusta dealer of san fran! Whats next is 6000 mi service. What helemt would you recomend has better graphics the shoei ukawa II red, suomy bostrom red, or arai edwards 8 in red?????? Thanks guys! ;)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Congrats ahead of time! munroe motors is very well known for having great service and such in SF. What was that about monterey, though?

·
Registered
338 Posts
MV4LA/RA said:
thank you guys for all ur help just found out that the 600 mile service was done in monterey the mv agusta dealer of san fran! Whats next is 6000 mi service. What helemt would you recomend has better graphics the shoei ukawa II red, suomy bostrom red, or arai edwards 8 in red?????? Thanks guys! ;)
"just found out that the 600 mile service was done in monterey the mv agusta dealer of san fran!"

What exactly are you saying??

I'm sure all is good however, as it hasn't been inspected in the last 2500 miles I still think it would be a good idea. After all, it's Italian!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mistake!

i meant to say munroe motors! :eek: well anyways i still need a helmet, to any of you do u guys believe helmet should match ur bike? or not? or match in some sort of way? (u know have the colors of the bike as well as others!)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Arai riptide...i find limited peripheral vision but comfort great.

Personal favorite is the Shoei Tamada X-11, lightweight, excellent vision, comfort ok...

It all depends on your head shape..just try a few on and see which one fits and feels best...When at high speed you want to see everything....my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'm sure there is a helmet thread or two here somewhere.

My two helmets of choice are Arai and Shark. The RSR2 is the Shark model, I don't remember the model of the Arai.

The Shark scored exceptionally well in some safety tests. (I have the link somewhere if you need it.)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I doubt you can get the second radiator upgrade and brakes done as they weren't an official recall. At least I couldn't when I bought a used 750 a couple of years ago.

Si

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would check/replace the fuel fittings. i was lucky to have these fail (at 3000 miles) in my driveway at home after a wash. But seeing gas gush out like that while running... that could have been bad if on the road at speed.

I have a 2000 F4. Happy to answer direct questions. Send a PM.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
check for heat damage to the bellypan fairing from the exhaust system. it's a tight fit and has been known to burn into the fairing.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Just ride it. If there are any probs they'll make themselves known in short order and you can deal with them then.

I really like the Bell helmet that Pigolino (sic?) posted about. Going to look for one locally.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got the X-lite 801 RR AGO Replica , real comfy and nice look

1 - 15 of 15 Posts