MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 2000 F4 with low milege, like 2500 miles, in really good shape. I see them on ebay for $8900 is this a fair price? I have no idea and these early MV's are not listed in Nada price guide. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Yamagamma

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
That's a lot closer. $7000 would be rich, $6000 is fair to both, $5000 is a deal for you. Absent any expensive upgrades, or wretched problems that is.

On a bike that old, you'll want to know things like how old are the tires, and what parts have been replaced. At 2500 miles it hasn't even had its second service.

Plan on spending money for fluids, fuel line components, maybe a battery, tires and things like that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 2000 F4 with low milege, like 2500 miles, in really good shape. I see them on ebay for $8900 is this a fair price? I have no idea and these early MV's are not listed in Nada price guide. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Yamagamma

I tend to be ok with paying more for pristine low mileage bikes, if this one is in fact pristine. Back in the day these things were MSRP'd at $18,995 I believe (probably $20k+ OTD), so if you think half price for a 2500 mile bike that looks brand new, and just happens to be italian rolling art is too much thats your choice, but in reality I wish more sellers would stick to their guns and hold out for better prices. In my mind just because a few knuckleheads sell theirs for $5-$6k doesn't automatically set the price at that.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Daren;
reality check......I bought an '08 910R, 4,100mi flawless.....

full MV Corse Ti system
MicroTec ECU
every piece of carbon MV SPS makes
GTR damper
bar ends and LEDs.....
I think it had rear sets too

for $9,500 2 years ago

4 years ago my '05 F4s was $6,800 16k mi........
radial brakes, Braketech rotors, AGO seats, PVM hydraulics, Cycle Cat bars, PC USB, stands, loading ramp and 48 lbs of new spare parts

forget all the asking price BS on Ebay, look what they sold for......:naughty:

a 2000 for $8,900?????

I'd go $4,000-$4,500 tops if it was flawless and had extras :drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Another reality check. I bought an EVO 3 F4 750S for $5800.00 last October with the original tires and low miles. Nice bike. Good Deal.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Another reality check. I bought an EVO 3 F4 750S for $5800.00 last October with the original tires and low miles. Nice bike. Good Deal.
you bought a stock ~ 4 years older F4 with nothing on it 9 months ago

for a grand more, 4 years ago I got the newer bike with tons of stuff on it....

go back 2 years and look at the '08 Brutale I bought...... the only things it didn't have were BSTs or Mg Marchesinis or BrakeTech rotors.....

subtract the price of the extras.....and the bike was about free :drummer: ask CAG :naughty:

·
Registered
819 Posts
you bought a stock ~ 4 years older F4 with nothing on it 9 months ago

for a grand more, 4 years ago I got the newer bike with tons of stuff on it....

go back 2 years and look at the '08 Brutale I bought...... the only things it didn't have were BSTs or Mg Marchesinis or BrakeTech rotors.....

subtract the price of the extras.....and the bike was about free :drummer: ask CAG :naughty:

So that's where that bike went.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts