MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello If anyone who has a brutale 800 from 2018 and up I would like hear from your experience and reviews about the bike and maintenances.
I find a little deceiving to read reviews of motorcycles when it first comes out because it is all new and any issues that comes up are always later from the real riders (owners) in riding on the streets and roads where the bike is mostly ridden.

Thanks and very appreciated for all reviews, not looking for a technical sheet of information but an overall information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Started my MV journey with the 2017 Brutale 800 (Euro 4 Model). Bought with 11k and ended with 22k when I traded it for a 2019 Dragster RC. The main maintenance items I faced were a bulging gas tank and starting issues. The tank was replaced under warranty and took a week to get to Atlanta from Italy. I was on the road the following weekend. The starting issue was a bit more complex but resulted in one (1) replaced battery and one (1) replaced stator. That seemed to clear up my issues although worrisome at just 15k miles. Other than those two (2) main issues, I replaced consumables often due to my relatively high usage. That was my first bike and I loved every second of it despite those two (2) issues.

Onto the Dragster RC. So far the only "issue" I have had is a leaking countershaft seal at 15k. The cause of that could have been the change from a stock 16T (OEM) front sprocket to a aftermarket 17T, maybe. Its possible the aftermarket sprocket placed unnecessary pressure up against the seal but I don't have a solid answer. I've since changed the seal and returned the front sprocket to stock 16T. I've turned over 20k this past weekend and other than a shit ton of tires and oil, the bike has been phenomenal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

I started with a 2014 B3 with 800 miles and put 7000 on it in a year. Didn't ever leave me stranded. Had a battery terminal get loose (aftermarket Li-Ion), I fixed an ABS light because the sensor connector at the steering head had a broken wire, and I did the valve adjustment a little early 'just because'. It was in spec but I added one small shim to adjust the the center-of-spec. I bet the next interval they are still good.

Sold the thing in perfect condition to a guy who wouldn't take no for an answer and here I am today the very proud owner of a 2017. The new-gen toys are just fantastic! Love that auto-blip:)

Any common "issues" are easy to find in this forum, but I believe them to be much better in every respect from the earlier gen models. I call her the "Italian Girlfriend" because she's so HOT, really fun to play with, nice to show off to the friends, but I am under no illusions that one day I could find my wallet stolen and my heart broken.

It's no different than owning a classic car. But if you just want a Honda, there are plenty to buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello If anyone who has a brutale 800 from 2018 and up I would like hear from your experience and reviews about the bike and maintenances.
I find a little deceiving to read reviews of motorcycles when it first comes out because it is all new and any issues that comes up are always later from the real riders (owners) in riding on the streets and roads where the bike is mostly ridden.

Thanks and very appreciated for all reviews, not looking for a technical sheet of information but an overall information.
I have a 2019 Brutale RC that I bought new in May 2020 at Monkey Moto near Dallas. At 11 months now, I just turned 5,000 miles yesterday.

The stock tires lasted me to 4,900 miles. Impressive since I'm always doing jack rabbit starts and ride fairly aggressive. The front wheel bearings failed at 4,800 miles. Had them replaced under warranty. My paint is chipping from rocks..... as expected when I follow other riders on back country roads.

Other than that, no problems. Love the auto blipper and quick shifter and the sounds it makes with the SC Project exhaust. I will say that early on, I hated the loudness of the exhaust. But by 1,500 miles it calmed down and now I love the shrieking sound.

Unlike others that put these RC's up for display, I Intend to keep riding the heck out of it. I have 2 other bikes that I spend time on. During the last year I put 7k miles on a 2017 Tuono Factory. That bike is a pleasure to ride as well.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts