MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went away for the weekend on the MV.

Went to Maitland, Gloster,
Nabiac (to the largest motorcycle museum in the Southern hemisphere), Forster, Nelson, and Home.
Photos of the trip here

Despite what some of you guys think the MV 1000s is great for 2 ups. So much power you hardly notice the weight, and I reacon the passengers seat is softer than the pilots. :)

Will have to get the ventura rack for next time though.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
Nice :f4:

Thanks for the pics, but most of all congrats to your wife for taking 550km in the back of your MV :yo: :yo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Thats where you were!!! I've never 2 up anyone on mine. I took out all the brackets and rear foot pegs off my F4.

I took F42000 up and down the Old road a few times on sunday for 1/2 a day and he loved it. He spun out on how good the ride was compare to Nasho. Will possibly do it again in two weeks time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spalding12 said:
looks like a great time
nice shots
as for 2-up....

you guys are crazy :)

seriously.....
amazing trip
would LOVE to hear more DETAILS when you have the time

thanks for sharing
Sure,

There where sooo many bikes out this w/e but for a change I didn't see any other MV's.

At the first fuel stop a guy with Busa, yelled out to me "I see you won lotto" :)

We had many people at Gloster, at the Coffee shop looking at the bike.

I parked it next to a guy who had an older CBR, he said to me don't park it there, mine looks old enough already. :laughing:

I did work out some of Australia roads are crap(rough) (which I already knew). In NSW anyway I know that Victorias roads are amost all well sealed.

It was quite a good trip, we've done a similar trip before. And I will appreciate a softer seat when I get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
minime said:
Thats where you were!!! I've never 2 up anyone on mine. I took out all the brackets and rear foot pegs off my F4.
:) Yeh I actually love doing 2up, not all the time of course.
But it is an unbelievably great bike for it... so stable in turns, and under brakes.

minime said:
I took F42000 up and down the Old road a few times on sunday for 1/2 a day and he loved it. He spun out on how good the ride was compare to Nasho. Will possibly do it again in two weeks time.
Wheres nasho?

We (F4200, john34 & I) did go up the old road on the way to Latins by the lake,
but it was a slower than normal trip with like I think 40 ducatis.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
spacechumper said:
Sure,

There where sooo many bikes out this w/e but for a change I didn't see any other MV's.

At the first fuel stop a guy with Busa, yelled out to me "I see you won lotto" :)

We had many people at Gloster, at the Coffee shop looking at the bike.

I parked it next to a guy who had an older CBR, he said to me don't park it there, mine looks old enough already. :laughing:

I did work out some of Australia roads are crap(rough) (which I already knew). In NSW anyway I know that Victorias roads are amost all well sealed.

It was quite a good trip, we've done a similar trip before. And I will appreciate a softer seat when I get one.
ah.....
a great post
i greatly appreciate the VISUAL.....
very very nice

love the "lotto" comment

sounds like a fantastic experience



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
yeah, well done spacechumper.

I've never been able to feel comfortable with a pillion on a bike....not any type of bike. (except maybe the Vespa....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Great to see someone else letting their partners enjoy the glory of MV riding.

My wife and I regularly go 2up, the biggest ride was from Melbourne to the Grampians and back, approx. 720km. She enjoyed it a lot, was a bit sore in the legs by the end of the day, but she tells me that it is the most comfortable 2up bike that I've had, better than my Blackbird and 01 Blade. I think it is because the other bikes are much wider in the pillion area, and if you'll pardon the description, she has to spread her legs wider on the other bikes, which makes the MV more comfortable.

By the way Spacehumper, when you get the Ventura rack, make sure that you also buy the zip on padded backrest for the Ventura bag. My wife loves it because she just sit back like a queen. Anything that makes the wife happier, makes me happier!!!

Great photos, by the way, and I'll make sure I look you up the next time I come to NSW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MVF4SR said:
\
By the way Spacehumper, when you get the Ventura rack, make sure that you also buy the zip on padded backrest for the Ventura bag. My wife loves it because she just sit back like a queen. Anything that makes the wife happier, makes me happier!!!

Great photos, by the way, and I'll make sure I look you up the next time I come to NSW.
Great to here the ventura is worthwhile, yes I'd like to catch up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Great pics, the museum brings back plenty of memories...I saw a T150 and T160 triumph in your pics as well as others....started to think I also belong in that museum!
Tont
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top