MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I've been away from bikes for some time now, so i'm unsure about these:

1 - Are the front forks of the Brutale 910R the same as the ones on a 312R? I know both are Marzocchi RAC 50, but are the internals the same? Are they equally tuned?

2 - If i install Brembo monoblocs (from a 1078R, for example) on a 910R, do i have to change the brake lines, or are they the same? Even if they are not exactly the same, can i still keep the ones of the 910R?

Thanks in advance :f4: :brutale:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome back then mate.
1. Those forks are not the same internally.
2. The brake lines are not the same, but can be adapted to work, best would be to get a 1078 set, or have a set made up in my opinion at least.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Dons. :smoking:
Can you elaborate a bit more about the differences between the forks?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Tiago

1-312r have gold outer tubes (probably with only one side adjustment of compression, rebound), very few MV models have black inner and outer like 910r with rebound and compression on both legs.

2- the mono's on 1078 have different angle connection which make the 910r lines a bit to short. I did the conversion, see above with two new parallel brakelines instead with a T

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Hans :smoking:

Yeah i know the external differences and the 312R also has rebound and compression on both legs. (mine did, anyway)
What i really want to know is if they are different internally (different spring? different piston or hydraulics?) or the difference is just external. (i like the fully black forks of the 910R better)

Seems like i'll have to buy the 1078 brake lines, then. :brutale:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Thank you, Hans :smoking:
What i really want to know is if they are different internally (different spring? different piston or hydraulics?) or the difference is just external. (i like the fully black forks of the 910R better)
312r parts
http://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/f4/new-folder-34/right-hand-fork-16

910r:
http://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/b4/new-folder-67/right-hand-fork

some parts are the same (8000A4693 PLUG ASSEMBLY) others (spring) not

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again... thanks Hans :)

One of these days i'll be putting the 910R forks on my 312R to see how it goes and the super duper pressurized SBK special ones that are currently on the 312R will probably be up for sale. :popcorn:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts